Healthy apple broccoli salad with chickpeas, dried cherries, carrots, pecans and fresh herbs. Tossed together in a light honey dijon dressing to bring this salad together. Easy to make, great for lunch or parties and makes excellent leftovers!
I remember absolutely despising broccoli salad when I was growing up; everytime it appeared on a party table it involves a lot of weird textures and a mayo-drenched salad. Yet ever since I created my tahini curry broccoli salad there’s nothing I love more than REALLY, REALLY GOOD crunchy salad that doesn’t involve lettuce.
Today I’m back to reinvent the classic broccoli salad and get the party table a little bit healthier with my fall inspired apple broccoli salad: it’s packed with chickpeas, crunchy sweet honeycrisp apples (or whatever apples you’d like), dried cherries, pecans for some crunch and fresh herbs.
The honey dijon dressing involved brings it all together and damnnnnnn it is GOOD.
The best part of this salad is that it’s no cook and only takes about 20 minutes to whip up. Chop all your veggies and throw everything in a big bowl, toss with the dressing and you’re good to go!
The salad will stay good up to 5 days in the fridge (the apple cider vinegar prevents the apples from browning!).
I hope you love this salad as much as we do. It’s sweet, tangy, crunchy and filling! If you make it, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram and rate the recipe below!
See how to make the salad:
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 54.7g
- Sugar: 19.5g
- Fiber: 13.7g
- Protein: 11g
- For the salad
- 1 head broccoli, very finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced honeycrisp apples (from about 2 medium honeycrisp apples)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (or 1 cup matchstick cut carrots)
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- To garnish:
- Extra cherries and pecans
- In a large bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, chickpeas, apples, carrots, green onion, dried cherries, pecans, and parsley. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the following ingredients in a small bowl: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Immediately drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Garnish with extra cherries and pecans and serve immediately or place in the fridge for later. Salad will keep well up to 5 days. Serves 4.
To make vegan: sub agave or maple syrup for the honey.
Pin this salad: