Broccoli chickpea salad with curry flavors with an amazing tahini dressing. This vegan salad packs plenty of protein and fiber for a satisfying lunch that’s perfect for meal-prep — plus it takes less than 20 minutes to throw together.
Happy Monday, friends! There’s a new favorite AK salad to celebrate that Abra and I could just not stop eating: this vegan and gluten free curried broccoli chickpea salad.
Seriously this is a recipe guaranteed to keep you coming back for seconds. Why? Well for starters, there’s no cooking involved and it only takes 15-20 minutes from start to finish. Easy, right?
I know that many of you love my quick and easy salad recipes so I’m making it my mission to bring you more of them this year, so get excited.
Salads are great to pack for an easy, healthy lunch, take on the go or even serve at a party.
This curried broccoli chickpea salad is my new personal favorite. It’s BEAUTIFUL, crunchy, packed with veggies, protein and sweet and savory flavors dancing together.
By the way, if you haven’t tried my moroccan chickpea quinoa salad yet, you need to ASAP. Both are plant-based party pleasers.
A few quick notes about this recipe:
It’s important to chop the broccoli very fine when making this salad. You could also use cauliflower if you prefer. And yes, it’s raw and IT IS DELICIOUS.
You can make the dressing as sweet as you like. I prefer only a teaspoon of maple syrup, but ultimately it’s up to you.
This recipe keeps well in the fridge. So if you’re looking for a healthy recipe to have during the week, THIS IS IT!
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE SALAD:
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram or leave a comment and rate the recipe below! Thank you! xo.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 434
- Fat: 17.7g
- Carbohydrates: 56.4g
- Sugar: 15.6g
- Fiber: 14.9g
- Protein: 15.8g
- For the salad:
- 1 head of broccoli, very finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds (can also use chopped roasted almonds)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 3-5 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, to sweeten
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, chickpeas, carrot, cranberries, green onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the following ingredients in a small bowl: tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, maple syrup, curry powder, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper. Immediately drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle almonds on top and toss a few more times. Serve immediately with fresh squeeze of lemon or place in the fridge for later. Salad will keep well up to 5 days.
To toast almonds: Add sliced almonds to a pan and place over medium heat. Use a spatula to stir the almonds; stirring every 30 seconds or so until they are nice and golden brown, about 5 minutes total time. If pan begins to smoke, make sure to reduce the heat to prevent burning.
Pin this salad: