Today I’m bringing you another one of those recipes that can truly do it all. It’s an appetizer, a salad dressing, a spread for a sandwich — the options are endless.
This creamy bleu cheese dip is made with just a handful of ingredients and pairs with just about any savory snack or side you can think of. We’re lightening it up with protein-packed yogurt that gives it the perfect tang and consistency. I love serving this creamy dip with raw veggies like carrots and celery (classic), homemade chicken wings, crunchy salads, and of course, everything buffalo-flavored.
If you’re looking for a place to start, I recommend drizzling some of this bleu cheese sauce on a slice of this Cheddar-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. SO GOOD.
Stay tuned for another fun way to use this dip later this week, and let me know in the comments your favorite way to use it!
Your new fav lightened up bleu cheese dip
Traditional bleu cheese dips and dressings are made with mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk to get them extra creamy and tangy. We’re making a delicious, lightened up version using tangy yogurt to get the perfect flavor and consistency!
Ingredients in this creamy bleu cheese dip
This healthy blue cheese dip is made with just 5 simple, core ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Yogurt: the base of the dip or dressing is made with nonfat plain yogurt. A great way to add a boost of protein and get that creamy texture.
- Bleu cheese crumbles: the star of the show in this dip.
- Olive oil: a little olive oil helps to smooth out the dip.
- Lemon juice: you’ll need a bit of fresh lemon juice for the perfect amount of tang.
- Garlic: because what’s a dip or dressing without garlic?
- Salt & pepper: don’t forget to season this blue cheese dip with salt and pepper to taste.
- Water: you’ll want to thin the dip or dressing to your liking with a little water at a time.
Can I use a different cheese?
The closest substitute for bleu cheese would be gorgonzola! So feel free to use gorgonzola crumbles instead. If you’re not a fan of bleu cheese, try my Whipped Feta Yogurt Dip or my Creamy Feta Yogurt Dressing for your appetizer or dressing needs.
The best bleu cheese dip in 2 steps
- Blend the dip. Add all of your dip ingredients besides the seasonings to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season & serve. Add salt and pepper to taste, process again, and then serve! I like to top the dip with extra blue cheese crumbles and fresh sliced green onion.
How to make bleu cheese dressing
Easily turn this creamy blue cheese dip into a wonderful salad dressing by adding in more water! Start with small amounts and slowly mix the water in until you reach the consistency you like.
Looking to serve a crowd?
The bleu cheese yogurt dip serves about 6 people as written, but feel free to double it to serve more!
Make it ahead of time
Feel free to make the dip a few days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Our fav ways to serve this bleu cheese dip
We love to enjoy this recipe as a:
- Dip for raw vegetables like carrots, celery, and bell pepper, or your fav crackers. Perfect snacks.
- Dip for your fav proteins & game day eats like buffalo chicken wings, grilled chicken, or buffalo cauliflower
- Dressing for fresh salads like this one (it’s a great swap for ranch dressing!)
- Spread for sandwiches and wraps like this Avocado Buffalo Chickpea Salad Wraps. Hot sauce also recommended!
- Drizzle on this Cheddar-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
How to store bleu cheese dressing or dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Give it a good mix before enjoying it from the fridge!
More dips & dressings you’ll love
- Garlic Olive Oil Dip
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce Recipe (yogurt cucumber sauce!)
- Jalapeño Green Tahini Sauce
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Healthy Thai Peanut Dressing
Get all of my dip recipes here!
I hope you love this easy bleu cheese yogurt dip! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Bleu Cheese Yogurt Dip (or dressing!)
Deliciously creamy bleu cheese dip made with simple ingredients like tangy yogurt, fresh lemon juice, garlic, and flavorful bleu cheese crumbles. Turn this easy, healthy bleu cheese dip into a dressing by simply mixing in a bit of water! Perfect for veggies, salads, wings, and more.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-4 tablespoons water, to thin
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Add yogurt, bleu cheese crumbles, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and water to the bowl of a food processor or to a blender. Process/blend until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add salt and pepper to taste and process once more. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
To make bleu cheese dressing: simply add more water until you reach your preferred dressing consistency.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Cant wait to make this soon for me can i use coconut yogurt and vegan chese i never had bleu cheese dip or dressing before perfect for my after office snacks with your snacks recipes love your recipes as always brightens up my day everyday after work
what a handy recipe! Will use it both for dips when I have friends over and as dressing in my pitas!
Perfect! Happy to hear this recipe is a hit 🙂
Really want to have this as a staple in my fridge. Do you know how long it will last?
It will last 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.. Enjoy!
This dip turned out SO GOOD! I only used 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp water to thin it but it is so satisfying. I also used Greek yogurt and it was perfect!