Amazing sweet potato taco bowls packed with plant based protein and your favorite southwest flavors, then drizzled with Bolthouse Farms Avocado Ranch yogurt dressing! Easy to make ahead of time & perfect to pack for lunch.
Oh hey Monday. I hope you guys had an amazing (and hopefully) shorter week last week. My mom and I spent some much needed time together exploring and walking around Chicago, getting pedicures, baking tahini brownies, new muffin recipes, and making her amazing Puerto Rican food that I haven’t had since I was 18. Where does the time go?
Every time I’m with my mom, I’m inspired to go back to the authentic flavors of Latin cuisine that I grew up with. Sofrito, homemade sazon, plantains, green chile and so much more. I can’t wait to start incorporating those flavors more into my recipes and teaching you all about the food that’s near and dear to my heart.
Now that we’re back to the regular full week, what’s on your agenda? If you’re busy, take 30 minutes out of your day and throw together these simple but INCREDIBLE Southwest Sweet Potato Taco Bowls with Organic Avocado Ranch Dressing. This recipe become my favorite way to make a hearty, filling salad packed with veggies and southwest flavors.
It’s even more incredible because it’s drizzled with Bolthouse Farms’® NEW Organic Avocado Ranch dressing, which has officially become my favorite salad dressing EVER. I’m kind of obsessed that it’s a yogurt based dressing, because it’s incredibly creamy. No more dressing on the side because I want to bathe in it. JK, but really I find myself putting it on everything. Carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, BLT’s, pretzels, wings… what? I said errrrrthing. Their new line of USDA certified organic, non-GMO dressings have no added preservatives or artificial flavors, and contain just 60 calories or less per serving!
They also make an Organic Raspberry Balsamic (love it on quinoa salads), an Organic Caesar Vinaigrette (the best on pasta salads), and an Organic Signature Blue Cheese (for your wedge salads). Each dressing, except for the Raspberry Balsamic is yogurt based too!
The salad’s base is romaine hearts as I find they add a lovely crunch and pair well with the different textures. It’s also the best kind of lettuce if you’re meal prepping because it stays together well and doesn’t tend to absorb too much moisture.
Other ingredients include sweet fresh corn that’s been roasted, red onion, grape tomatoes, black beans (protein and fiber, yasss) and sweet potatoes that have been roasted and tossed with magical homemade taco seasoning.
You guys are going to absolutely LOVE this meatless Monday meal. Or should I say Meal Prep Monday meal?
Pin this recipe here:
- Serving size: 1/4th of salad + 2 tablespoons dressing
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 16.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 58.8g
- Sugar: 13g
- Fiber: 13.1g
- Protein: 13g
- For the sweet potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the bowls:
- 4-6 cups romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted sweet corn (can also use fresh or thawed)
- 1 cup grape tomato, sliced or quartered
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- To garnish:
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup Bolthouse Farms Organic Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato cubes on parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with spices. Use your hands to gently toss potatoes with the oil and spices until they are well coated. Spread out evenly, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, prepare salads in glass containers or mason jars by evenly dividing romaine, then ⅓ cup black beans, ¼ cup corn, ¼ cup diced tomato and 1 tablespoon diced red onion. Top each with ¼ of avocado, lime juice, fresh cilantro. Drizzle each salad with about 2 tablespoons dressing.
This post is in partnership with Bolthouse Farms. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!