Say hello to my new favorite lunch because I couldn’t believe how much I LOVED it. I’ve been on a pretty consistent, early morning workout routine as of late, which means by the time I’m thinking about lunch (as early as 10:30AM for Abra and I…) I want something quick, filling, and of course, delish.
That’s when this Farmer’s Market Spicy Tuna Wrap with Homemade Chipotle Greek Yogurt Ranch was born. When making this wrap, I thought about incorporating the seasonal veggies that are typically found in your CSA or local farmer’s market, then throwing it together with Genova Tuna and putting it in a whole grain tortilla with a spicy HOMEMADE ranch.
After one bite, it was immediately clear that I’d be enjoying this wrap again and again because it is:
A lil’ sweet with the fresh roasted corn and juicy tomatoes.
A lil’ savory with Genova’s albacore tuna.
A lil’ spicy from the chipotle ranch drizzle.
Also, just damn good.
We all know that sometimes tuna gets a bad rap for being fishy and often dried out aka basically all of the things you don’t want to eat for lunch. However, I’ve found one brand I absolutely LOVE from my friends over at Genova Tuna. Their albacore and yellowfin tunas are super flavorful and are canned with just a little olive oil and salt; no mushy texture, zero weird ingredients, and one can packs 26g of protein. Winning everywhere.
This recipe calls for just enough of the incredible chipotle ranch to have on the side for swimming… I mean, dipping. Heh. Abra, our resident vegetarian and ranch lover, scarfed one down in about 4 seconds (I think my tuna recipes are converting her…).
SO when lunchtime rolls around or you’re packing one for someone in your household, grab these easy ingredients and wrap ’em up.
I’m literally obsessed with this recipe and hope you are too. Tag me on Instagram if you make these or leave a comment below! xo.
More healthy lunch recipes to try:
Farmer’s Market Spicy Tuna Wraps with Homemade Chipotle Greek Yogurt Ranch
- 2 (10 inch) whole wheat or gluten free tortillas
- ½ cup chopped romaine hearts
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted fresh corn (or can used canned)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 can Genova Seafood Albacore Tuna, drained
- For the chipotle ranch dressing:
- ¼ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (or can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (depending how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon water to thin dressing
- Lay out two tortillas on a large cutting board. Divide the lettuce, tomato, corn, avocado slices, green onion and tuna between each tortilla.
- Drizzle each wrap with 1 tablespoon of the dressing, reserving the rest for dipping.
- Roll up each tortilla, tucking in the ends as you go.
- Enjoy immediately with the extra chipotle ranch, or wrap in plastic wrap and keep in fridge for up to 3 days (for optimal freshness).
If you don’t have chipotle chili powder, you can use a few dashes of chipotle tabasco sauce, or you can add in a pinch of cayenne pepper to your liking.
This recipe is in partnership with Genova Seafood. All recipes, text and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!