Tuna quinoa salad packed with protein, fresh spring veggies and a green goddess avocado dressing. Delicious and so easy to make!
My Dad used to make the BEST tuna pasta salad on the planet. It had tiny little circular pasta, fresh peas, lots of tuna and wayyy too much mayo. Truth be told, I loved it from the bottom of my heart.
Dad even made the salad for my high school graduation party and I couldn’t resist going back for serving after serving. It was a simple memory, but one that will stay with me forever.
Now that quinoa has been on the scene for the past few years, I thought I’d introduce you to a new tuna salad that’s become a staple in my home: Green Goddess Tuna Quinoa Salad.
That’s right I’m turning you into a goddess.
The salad made with beautiful tri-colored quinoa, a mayo-free herby green goddess dressing, plenty of garden veggies and delicious flavor from Genova’s Yellowfin Tuna packed in olive oil.
If you haven’t had Genova Tuna yet, then it needs to be on your radar. It’s made with three ingredients: high-quality tuna, olive oil and salt. No fillers, just quality ingredients that shine through in both flavor and texture. And they have easy open cans too, which makes it even easier to whip open a can of tuna whenever you deem necessary.
This recipe is wonderful for making ahead of time, especially if you’re bringing it to lunch or a party. I hope you love it!
Check out the video we created to see how easy it is to make this fabulous salad in your own kitchen:
Pin this recipe:
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 4 servings
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 19.6g
- 1 cup uncooked tri-colored quinoa
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ⅔ cup thawed green peas
- 1 easy-open can of Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- For the dressing:
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- First cook the quinoa: Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and allow quinoa to cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to allow to cool.
- Next make the dressing by adding avocado, greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, basil, cilantro and salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add veggies to quinoa along with dressing, peas and flaked yellowfin tuna. Stir well, then taste and adjust seasonings as necessary, including adding more salt and pepper.
- Finish by garnishing with extra veggies, tomato and cilantro or basil.
This post is in partnership with Genova Seafood. All recipes, text and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!