I think one of the most important things in any relationship is finding someone who can make you laugh. Or who you can laugh along with. I’m a HUGE goofball (and pretty weird), so finding someone that understands my sense of humor is essential.
Oh, I think I forgot to tell you guys I am dating. Not serious marriage dating, just having fun and searching for that little bit of laughter in my life. Good, right? Well obviously for whoever I date it’s good. I mean, what kind of guy can resist freshly baked cookies and mexican food for dinner?
There are reasons I can’t go around cooking for all of my dates — food is a serious attachment. That’s why I only bake the life-changing cookies when I REALLY like someone. Because after those cookies, there is no turning back.
Anyway I’ll keep you posted on all of that… as if you care. But let’s pretend you do, because frankly I can’t just talk about tacos all day.
OH WAIT, yes I can…
MMMMMMM TACOS. Tacos are always good. ALWAYS!
And that’s exactly why I made them for you!
These fish tacos are marinated with lime, olive oil, chili powder, garlic, cumin honey, sea salt, and a little cayenne pepper. Then they are grilled to perfection (or you can pan-fry them). I really love the slaw that goes on top, too! It’s made with sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro; the crunch of the cabbage is my favorite part.
Last but not least, you always need a little avocado, mango and cilantro to really bring it all together. I served mine in toasted corn tortillas, but flour or low-carb would also work well; it’s up to you!
Consider this another man-bait recipe.
- 1 pound tilapia
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- For slaw
- 2 cups shredded red or napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 small corn tortillas
- avocado and extra cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place fish in large ziploc bag and add olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Close bag and massage seasonings into fish. Let marinade for 20 minutes.
- Prepare slaw: In a medium bowl combine cabbage, cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator.
- Remove fish from marinade and place onto hot grill. Grill fish for 3-5 minutes each side, it will vary depending on the temperature of your grill. Typically the second side will take less time. Remove fish to hot plate.
- Grill tortillas for 10-20 seconds each side. Divide fish equally into tortillas, add slaw, and mango and avocado. Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired. Makes 8 tacos total; 2 tacos each.
Powered by Facebook Comments