How are you guys? Been listening to any good music lately?
There is something about the combination of music and food that leaves me feeling completely content. I mean, I LOVE creating dishes more than anything in the world. Music tunes out everything else. I end up being happiest in my brain thinking about flavor combinations.
Therefore, I made you a new playlist you can jam to while making these delicious enchilada chicken quinoa stuffed bell peppers. Dance it out!
I forgot to mention that it’s my birthday is this weekend (omg I’m turning 30!), followed by Christmas (duh) and then Tony’s birthday.
All I want to do is relax and eat a big giant bell pepper stuffed with goodness and dripping in enchilada sauce. Maybe pop in a movie and forget about everything else. I’m ready to chill and stop grocery shopping for cookie ingredients. How about you?
Maybe you’ll make some time this weekend to make these glorious chicken & quinoa stuffed peppers. One of my favorite things I’ve made in a while. I swear all it takes is one bite and you’re in a world full of deliciousness.
That was a serious statement by the way.
By now you should know that I don’t joke around when it comes to southwest flavors.
Here are the ingredients in these quinoa stuffed bell peppers:
Southwest spices. OMG. What else?
In my world these are a dream come true. They’re savory, easy, healthy, roasted, gluten free and basically just FREAKIN’ AMAZING. Combining chicken & quinoa with enchilada sauce and then stuffing it in a pepper is probably one of the best decisions I’ve made.
I know you’ll be happy if you do it too. If you make these stuffed bell peppers, let me know by leaving a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen when you make any AK recipes — I love seeing your creations! xo.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Enchilada Chicken & Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- For the quinoa:
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- For the stuffed peppers:
- 1 pound 93% lean ground chicken or lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 red bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup shredded mexican or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- First cook the quinoa: add 1/3 cup quinoa and 3/4 cup water to a medium pot and place over high heat. Once water boils, immediately cover, reduce heat to low and cook quinoa for exactly 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, fluff quinoa with a fork, then transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to help cool the quinoa down.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, egg, cilantro, onion, diced jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce. Mix well, then gently fold in the cooled quinoa (it can still be slightly warm).
- Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. Top each bell pepper with 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Remove from heat and add about 2 tablespoons cheese on top of each bell pepper. Bake for 5 more minutes.
Serve with extra enchilada sauce, cilantro, avocado and jalapeno slices. Serves 4; 2 pepper halves each.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen Photography by: Yoga of Cooking