How to make a charcuterie board two different ways! These easy, beautiful charcuterie boards have a meat & cheese focus and a vegan option, and are perfect for the holidays. With a few quick tips and tools you can easily customize them!
We’re on the home stretch of holiday season and I’ve been loving seeing all of your AK holiday creations. We’ve covered the best holiday cookies, delicious dinners & sides to serve for your holiday table, and now I’m here to bring you two epic, beautiful charcuterie boards that are perfect for any occasion.
There’s truly nothing better than a full stocked charcuterie board to bring people together. They’re both delicious and gorgeous, and you don’t even have to cook anything (win!)
I included both a meat & cheese charcuterie board and a vegan charcuterie board that are perfect for entertaining all of your guests. Check out my favorite snacks to add, plus some helpful tips when choosing yours. I also added my favorite serving tools + props so that you’ll be a charcuterie artist in no time. Enjoy, xo!
Board 1: Meats & Cheese
1. Spicy salami
2. Summer sausage
2. Thinly sliced prosciutto
3. Cured chorizo
1. Soft brie (or camembert)
2. Sharp white cheddar
3. Herby havarti
4. Zesty blue cheese or gorgonzola
5. Feta cheese cubes (put these in a ramekin and drizzle with olive oil!)
1. Your favorite multigrain variety (we love Simple Mills)
2. Mini bruschetta crackers
2. Fresh figs or dates
3. Optional: apple or pear slices
1. Cocktail pickles
3. Mixed roasted nuts
4. Apricot jam
5. Spicy grainy mustard
6. Roasted red peppers
7. A delicious wine! We love rosé for the warmer months, but a deep red is delicious for the holidays.
Tips + Tricks:
1. Choose both a spicy and a mild meat to compliment the fresh flavors on your board.
2. Use a mix of hard and soft cheeses, and include one with a bold flavor.
3. Mix it up with different consistencies — a thicker cracker or baguette slices are great with crispy, thin crackers.
4. Use your fruits to add pops of color and sweetness to your board! Add some greens using fresh herbs.The more color variety the better.
5. Get creative with jams, mustards, and a variety of nuts to fill out your board. Leave no spaces!
Board 2: The Vegan
1. Your favorite hummus varieties: we love Hope Foods – especially the Thai Coconut Curry.
2. Olive tapenade
1. Classic or gluten free crispy rounds
2. Sea salt: Simple Mills is my go-t0!
Fruits & Veggies:
1. Matchstick carrots
4. Pear slices
6. Fresh figs
7. Fresh pomegranate segments
1. Kalamata olives
3. Walnuts (or sub roasted mixed nuts)
5. Rosemary: for garnish
Tips + Tricks
1. Choose a couple of different flavors for your vegan dips, and preferably different colors!
2. I love adding a buttery, crispy cracker to pair with these vegan dips.
3. Get a little wild with fruits & veggies! They’re perfect for filling out your board and for dipping.
4. Incorporate a creative snack or two, like crispy chickpeas and dark chocolate, to keep your board fun & interesting.
Our favorite props
PIN THESE CHARCUTERIE BOARDS: