We’re on the home stretch of holiday season and I’ve been loving seeing all of your AK holiday creations. We’ve covered the best holiday cookies, delicious dinners & sides to serve for your holiday table, and now I’m here to bring you two epic, beautiful charcuterie boards that are perfect for any occasion.
There’s truly nothing better than a full stocked charcuterie board to bring people together. They’re both delicious and gorgeous, and you don’t even have to cook anything (win!)
I included both a meat & cheese charcuterie board and a vegan charcuterie board that are perfect for entertaining all of your guests. Check out my favorite snacks to add, plus some helpful tips when choosing yours. I also added my favorite serving tools + props so that you’ll be a charcuterie artist in no time. Enjoy, xo!
Board 1: Meats & Cheese
- Spicy salami
- Summer sausage
- Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Cured chorizo
- Soft brie (or camembert)
- Sharp cheddar (we love a spicy cheddar)
- Herby havarti
- Zesty blue cheese or gorgonzola
- Feta cheese cubes (put these in a ramekin and drizzle with olive oil!)
- Your favorite multigrain variety (we love Simple Mills)
- Mini bruschetta crackers
- Pita chips
- Pretzel crisps
- Fresh figs or dried dates
- Dried fruit like apricots, cherries or cranberries
- Optional: apple or pear slices
- Cocktail pickles
- Mixed roasted nuts
- Apricot or your favorite jam
- Spicy grainy mustard
- Roasted red peppers
- A delicious wine! We love rosé for the warmer months, but a deep red is delicious for the holidays.
Tips + Tricks:
- Choose both spicy and mild meat to compliment the fresh flavors on your board.
- Use a mix of hard and soft cheeses, and include one with a bold flavor.
- Mix it up with different consistencies — a thicker cracker or baguette slices are great with crispy, thin crackers.
- Use your fruits to add pops of color and sweetness to your board! Add some greens using fresh herbs.The more color variety the better.
- Get creative with jams, mustards, and a variety of nuts to fill out your board. Leave no spaces!
Board 2: The Vegan
- Your favorite hummus varieties
- Olive tapenade
- Homemade guacamole
- Classic or gluten free crispy rounds
- Sea salt: Simple Mills is my go-t0!
Fruits & Veggies:
- Matchstick carrots
- Pear or apple slices
- Blackberries or raspberries
- Fresh figs or dates
- Fresh pomegranate segments
- Kalamata olives
- Crispy roasted chickpeas
- Sweet and spicy nuts (or sub roasted mixed nuts)
- Dark chocolate: try these Theo Chocolate flavors or put some Enjoy Life chocolate chunks in a ramekin to keep it dairy-free!
- Rosemary: for garnish
Tips + Tricks
- Choose a couple of different flavors for your vegan dips, and preferably different colors!
- I love adding a buttery, crispy cracker to pair with these vegan dips.
- Get a little wild with fruits & veggies! They’re perfect for filling out your board and for dipping.
- Incorporate a creative snack or two, like crispy chickpeas and dark chocolate, to keep your board fun & interesting.
Our favorite props
Share your board creations with us using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram!