July is officially here! I booked a flight for a fun adventure. I have two jobs I love. Plus, I made you truffles, cookies, tacos, and this easy & fun Summer berry crostini.
I’m also currently obsessing over zucchini and have way too many ideas in my head; I literally had to force myself out of the grocery store after three hours of pacing the aisles. Pretty typical.
Besides being a grocery store stalker, I was quite busy this past weekend. The majority of my Friday was spent working then I caught a movie and stayed up until my eyes felt like heavy bricks. Saturday went by too quick; I hit a yoga class in the morning, did some editorial planning for the blog, and watched an episode of Cats from Hell. NOT KIDDING. I love cats.
I had a little ‘me’ time yesterday though and spent most of my day in the kitchen. I’m trying to get caught up on recipe creation so that I can take a little vacation over the weekend and relax. My wonderful mom also stopped over to show me her StitchFix collection (I got her hooked!). We haven’t seen each other in nearly two weeks so it was good to catch up. It’s important to remember you can never be too busy for your family. However, you can be too busy for when your mom tells you about how much she loves Jeremy Piven.
Wanna know what I’m really excited about though? The 4th of July! I can’t wait it soak up the sun with good food and even better people.
I wanted to give you a quick and easy appetizer that would be perfect for the holiday. Since farmer’s markets are packed with juicy, seasonal berries, this healthy crostini is absolutely perfect. It could even work for brunch!
Creamy low-fat ricotta is mixed with a bit honey and fresh lemon juice then piled on toasted slices of whole grain french bread. It’s crunchy, creamy, and sweet all at the same time. And guess how long it takes to whip these up? Only 15 minutes!
I can’t wait to make these again. And again. And again.
- 2 demi (petite) multigrain or whole grain french baguettes, cut into about 24 small slices, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra for drizzling
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 cups fresh organic summer berries (strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix together ricotta, lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey, and a pinch of salt. Taste; adjust flavors as necessary. You may want more lemon or honey.
- Place crostinis on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with a dash of salt. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Immediately spread ricotta over warm crostinis and place berries on top. Drizzle with a bit more honey. Serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments