During the summer, Tony and I love nothing more then enjoying most of our meals on the grill. Frankly, it’s easy and I don’t mind eating simpler meals so I can avoid turning on the oven and blasting the AC.
Wanna know our go-to meal? It’s not fancy.
Usually we’ll do turkey burgers or chicken sausage with grilled peppers, baked beans and a salad on the side. It’s like having the ultimate backyard BBQ even when it’s just us two. Sometimes I’ll jazz it up a bit and make guacamole or a strawberry goat cheese spinach salad, but there’s really nothing too special about it.
And I’m not gonna lie, usually Tony has a bag of potato chips on the side too because he claims that ‘baked beans, chips and ketchup together are delicious’ and then proceeds to mix them all together. #MEN
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE STUFFED MINI PEPPERS:
Today I wanted to share one of our favorite ways to enjoy mini peppers. They’re simple, but so delicious and make the perfect appetizer for all of your summer BBQs.
The best part? You only need three ingredients:
Mini sweet bell peppers.
These little peppers are SO addicting and remind me of a healthier version of a jalapeño popper aka the best appetizer that ever existed. These mini peppers are tangy, sweet, creamy and even a little spicy.
I hope you make them for your next summer party and watch your guests gobble up the deliciousness. Just grill them up, stuff, then enjoy! xo.
If you make these, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram or rate the recipe and leave a comment below to let us know how you liked them. xo!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Jalapeño-Goat Cheese Grilled Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 pound mini sweet bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 6-8 ounces goat cheese log
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (seeds removed if you don’t like them spicy!)
- Preheat grill to medium high heat or about 400 degrees F. Oil the grates, then place peppers cut side up and grill for about 4-5 minutes per side until they have soften and have nice grill marks. Remove from grill.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese and diced jalapeño. Stuff each pepper half with the jalapeño-goat cheese mixture. Serve immediately. Serves 8, about 4 pepper halves each.