Hello Monday. Hello delicious little veggie burgers that I want to devour.
I’m currently on a juice cleanse. I’ve done one before, so it’s not really a shock to my system. However staring at pictures of these burgers is making me so hungry. GIVE ME DAT BURGA. With a side of sweet potato fries and half of cup of sriracha please.
But for reals, veggie burgers are totally my jam. I love em! They’re so much more delicious than those creepy burgers packed with soy and foreign ingredients. I already have a sweet potato chickpea burger and a lentil burger that you should try!
These burgers are the real thing: spicy, sweet, fresh, totally bomb little love bites in your mouth.
I am quite descriptive today. Probs because I’m on mission to bring you deliciousness. HEY ooooooo.
FYI: Proper grammar doesn’t count in today’s post. Like it ever matters here anyway.
Burger madness at it’s finest. Grill this goodness up. Devour it. RIGHT NOW.
Sorry, being a little pushy.
Oh by the way, have you guys ever tried sprouts? They’re pretty freaking good. And healthy. I like them SO MUCH.
CHOMP. I bet you’re wondering what this burger tastes like.
A magical trip into vegan wonderland, that’s exactly what it tastes like.
Minus the crema, cause that’s not vegan… it’s from cows. Duh.
Anyway this burger is WICKED good. In fact, it’s little spicy from that kick of cajun seasoning. I LUV IT. YES… LUV.
Gotta go juice and daydream about these some more. xoxo.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 burger with crema
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9g
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 7.9g
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons spicy cajun seasoning
- 1/4 gluten free oat flour (regular oat flour or oat bran will work)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil or coconut oil, for cooking
- 6 whole grain hamburger buns (gluten free, if desired)
- For Avocado-Cilantro Crema:
- 1/2 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- dash of hot sauce, if desired
- salt, to taste
- To cook quinoa: Rinse quinoa with cold water in mesh strainer. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add in quinoa and bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with fork; place in large bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of quinoa.
- Poke sweet potato several times with a fork and place in microwave for about 3-4 minutes or until it is soft and cooked thoroughly. Do not overcook or the sweet potato will harden. Alternatively you can roast the sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Remove skin when done cooking and cooled.
- In bowl of food processor, add beans, cooked sweet potato, red onion, cilantro, garlic, cumin, cajun seasoning, and pulse until almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor when necessary. Transfer mixture to bowl and combine with cooked quinoa. Add salt and pepper to taste - and possibly more cajun seasoning if you'd like. Mix in oat bran/oat flour, but only enough so that you are able to shape patties. (You shouldn't need more than 1/3 cup).
- Divide into 6 patties (about 1/2 cup each) and place on parchment paper on baking sheet; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to help patties bind together.
- To make avocado-cilantro crema: In bowl of food processor, place sour cream, diced avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Process until smooth. Add salt to taste. Place in fridge until ready to serve burgers.
- To cook burgers: Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan with coconut/olive/canola oil cooking spray. Place in skillet and pan-fry about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve with buns, sprouts, crema and desired toppings.
- NOTE: Nutritional info DOES NOT include buns, but DOES include avocado-crema.
Powered by Facebook Comments