SO much to say. So little time. Currently I’m in a coffee shop as I just moved into my new place and haven’t set up the internet yet. It’s a weird world without the internet you guys. As in I actually went to bed before midnight yesterday. CRAZY I know. Maybe it’s a good thing.
Hmmm what else? I bought a new couch! The color looks like the inside of an almond; I’m in love with it because it’s one of those couches that completely gorgeous but also amazingly comfy. It’s being delivered on Friday so I’ll be sure to share some photos soon. I’m also getting an AMAZING vintage refinished table from a good friend (Hi Sherry!). If you couldn’t tell, I’m going for the romantic shabby chic/Californian look with a touch of vintage. It’s been a blast hunting for pieces and shopping!
By the way, have I mentioned that I miss you guys? Like really, life is getting INSANE. I wish I had the time to blog more! Right now I’m taking two classes, working a full time job, creating recipes, working out, and trying to have a social life. But hey, that’s life.
And sometimes you just have to reward yourself with brownies.
Yep. Fudgy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies.
Made without flour. Made without animals (vegan). Made WITH love.
And made supremely decadent (yet still healthy) by the best combo known to mankind: pb & chocolate.
Are you with me here?
I wish we could sit and have a brownie together. Maybe with some pumpkin hot chocolate. OMG does that exist?
One fudgy chocolate brownie for 139 calories?
I’d say that’s completely worth it. Plus, good ingredients = good nutrition.
By the way, if you’re a fan of frozen or cool treats (like Reese’s PB Cups), then I suggest popping these in the fridge or freezer once they’re cool. I love mine cold! If you want to make these a little more decadent, drizzle warm peanut butter over the top and sprinkle with sea salt. Yeah, HEAVEN.
Alright… I have to leave the coffee shop now because it’s closing. Chat soon! xoxo
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (agave or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top (I use the Enjoy Life brand to make them vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer or food processor, cream together peanut butter, honey, vanilla and applesauce until smooth. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; mix again until smooth. Gently fold 1/4 cup of chocolate chips into batter. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth top. I usually spray my spatula with cooking spray to help spread it out evenly. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top is just set. It's okay if they look a little underdone; we want these to be fudgy! Plus they are vegan so you don't need to worry about them cooking all the way through. Cool on wire rack as long as you can. Cut into 12 delicious squares!
If you want to make these a little more decadent, drizzle warm peanut butter over the top and sprinkle with sea salt.