Yesterday Lee and I finished up a photoshoot for our NEW exciting health & fitness program coming this June. Honestly, we’ve both been working round the clock coordinating the launch, writing for our own sites, plus quite a bit of traveling. I’m potentially on the verge of exhaustion but also really, really excited for you to see what we’ve planned!
Good news is that I’m ready for some Memorial Day BBQ food and a margarita pitcher all to myself. Heh.
So anyway, this recipe just happens to be perfect for before or after your weekend indulgences.
I’m actually a little upset with myself that I haven’t posted any overnight oats recipes to AK yet. Who am I even?
A oatmeal lovin’ cat lady. That’s who. JK.
So anyway, overnight oats… please tell me you’ve had these? They are pretty basic but then you add a bunch of yummy things and then they’re not so basic. They’re actually magically creamy, flavorful and oh so perffffffffffect.
This recipe combines one of my favorite combos: strawberries, bananas and almond butter. AND it only takes a few ingredients to make plus there is absolutely ZERO cooking required! The oats expand and ‘cook’ overnight. I told you they were magical.
Let’s get to it: just mix some vanilla greek yogurt and AlmondBreeze with a mashed banana. Add in oats and chia seeds and stir in some diced strawberries. Place in a jar overnight, then top with creamy, nutty almond butter once ready to eat. Can I get a YES?!
I mean seriously, what’s not to love about this make-ahead breakfast? Lately I’ve been enjoying these oats after an intense morning workout. They’d also be a great breakfast to help keep you full until lunch thanks to wonderful balance of healthy fats, fiber, carbs and protein.
If you make this recipe or any other on AK, be sure to snap a photo, upload it to instagram and use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen! I love checking out your beautiful and delicious creations.
See the how-to video here:
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: 1 jar overnight oats (1/2 of recipe)
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 11.2g
- Carbohydrates: 54.1g
- Sugar: 15.1g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 15.9g
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 10 strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Add banana, Almond Breeze Almondmilk and vanilla greek yogurt to a medium bowl and stir until well combined and creamy. Stir in oats, chia seeds and strawberries. Divide evenly into two mason jars or plastic containers, then cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Once ready to serve, top each overnight oat serving with 1 tablespoon of almond butter and a few extra banana slices and/or strawberries, if desired. If you like crunch, add chia seeds.
This post is brought to you in a partnership I have with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. I love baking with their almond milks! Thank you for continuting to support AK and the brands that help make this site possible.