Delicious protein pancakes made in a blender with ingredients like potassium rich banana, protein-packed cottage cheese and oats! Nearly 20g protein per serving makes these the ultimate post workout breakfast!
Listening to the new Drake album gives me pure inspiration to get my booty out of bed in the morning, throw around twenty pound dumbbells at the gym (not literally throw) and make some legit protein pancakes topped with all da berries and nut butter.
For real though, I’m feeling very inspired lately to get things done in a timely manner and to most of all, stay focused. When you have a ton on your plate, it can be difficult to stay on track, but we’ve found a few management tools we love like Asana. And when we get a little stressed the best we can do is talk in a combo of Italian and Russian accents.
Very weird, but keeps us silly and having fun.
Yesterday Abra and I went through and did a major brainstorming session for May. We’ve got our content calendar all mapped out including recipes and videos. The most trouble I have when it comes to blogging is deciding on which recipes to share because if I had it my way (and enough time), I’d share a recipe every single day because well, I love food, obviously.
Today’s recipe is a revamp of my FAVORITE protein pancakes in this world. They contain nearly 20g protein, taste like banana bread and have only 300 calories per serving.
This recipe is:
Perfect for kids and adults.
Gluten free if you use GF oats.
Tastes like banana bread.
Has nearly 20g protein per serving.
Bomb as hell.
If that video doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will. Time to get the pancake game on so you can hurry up and ENJOY!
Pin these pancakes:
If you make these, leave a comment below, or tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram!
- Serves: 4 pancakes
- Serving size: Entire recipe
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 19.6g
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- Optional add-ins/toppings: Fresh berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium low heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Add desired toppings such as chocolate chips or blueberries. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 3-4 pancakes
Photography by: Sarah Fennel