I know peanut butter and jelly is usually all the rage, but have you ever combined almond butter & strawberry together?! If not, it’s about time you do.
Somehow strawberry + almond butter has become one of my favorite combos to put in overnight oats, to slather on toast in the morning, and now to combine in these beautiful strawberry kissed almond butter muffins. You know you want one…
Strawberry kissed with Bonne Maman INTENSE Fruit Spreads
This recipe comes to you in partnership with Bonne Maman, one of my favorite brands of all time. They make the BEST fruit spreads and preserves of all freakin’ time and today I’m excited to introduce you to their Bonne Maman INTENSE Fruit Spreads line, which is made with more fruit and 39% less sugar than regular preserves. Whoo hoo!
If you’ve had Bonne Maman, you know about the high-quality flavor and taste that I’m talking about — after one bite, it’s clearly evident thanks to the high-quality ingredients.
The reason their preserves and now, fruit spreads, have always been so incredible is because they’re made with simple, natural ingredients for homemade taste: whole fruit, sugar, lemon juice and fruit pectin. THAT’S IT!
Plus hello, cutest jars EVER.
Ingredients in almond butter muffins
These almond butter muffins are packed with nourishing ingredients, made in one bowl and contain 6g protein per muffin! In addition, they happen to be both gluten free and dairy free. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- ripe bananas (the ones with brown spots are best)
- creamy, natural almond butter made with just almonds + sea salt (or you can use natural peanut butter)
- pure maple syrup
- oat flour (you can easily make your own!)
- baking powder
- Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread
Tips for making these almond butter muffins
- Make sure your almond butter is drippy and natural, meaning that the only ingredients are almond butter and salt.
- Make sure you spray the inside of your muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
- I haven’t tried this recipe with flax eggs or an egg replacer, but please let me know in the comments if you do and how they turn out.
- Easily make your own oat flour at home so you don’t have to blend it. It literally only takes minutes!
How to make your own oat flour for muffins
You can easily make your own gluten free oat flour by simply placing certified gluten free oats into a blender and blending or pulsing until they’re smooth and resemble flour. This is probably the cheapest option. For this recipe, you’ll most likely need at least 1 heaping cups of gluten free rolled or old-fashioned oats to make about 1 cup gluten free oat flour.
How to store & freeze these muffins
Store muffins on the counter in an airtight container for a day, then transfer to the fridge. If you want to freeze the muffins, allow them to cool completely then put in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Once ready to reheat, you can thaw at room temperature, or heat up in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
I hope you love these beautiful almond butter muffins that are swirled and kissed with Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread. I just put a batch in the freezer for Tony and I during our sleepless nights with our babe! 🙂
If you make these, be sure to rate the recipe & leave a comment below — I appreciate it. xo!
Strawberry Kissed Almond Butter Oatmeal Muffins
Amazing almond butter muffins kissed with sweet strawberry flavor thanks to Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread. These gluten free almond butter muffins are made with oat flour, naturally sweetened and perfect for an on-the-go protein packed breakfast for the new year!
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 medium ripe bananas)
- ¾ cup natural creamy drippy almond butter or peanut butter (just almonds and salt)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour* (you can make your own -- see notes section)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Bonne Maman INTENSE Strawberry Fruit Spread, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking to liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, almond butter, eggs, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Next stir in oat flour, baking powder and salt until smooth. Evenly divide batter into muffin liners. Add 1 teaspoon of Bonne Maman INTENSE strawberry fruit spread on top of each muffin. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the strawberry fruit spread into the batter, just a few times. Don’t over swirl.
- Bake 22-27 minutes or until toothpick comes out slightly clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool and enjoy! Makes 12 muffins. These are delicious with extra almond butter on top or a smear of butter + a little sea salt.
You can easily make your own gluten free oat flour by simply placing certified gluten free oats into a blender and blending/pulsing until they’re smooth and resemble a fine flour. This usually takes about 1-2 minutes.
How to store & freeze these muffins: store muffins on the counter in an airtight container for a day, then transfer to the fridge. If you want to freeze the muffins, allow them to cool completely then put in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Once ready to reheat, you can thaw at room temperature, or heat up in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
This recipe is sponsored by Bonne Maman. All recipes, text and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!