Double chocolate tahini banana muffins that are both paleo, dairy free and gluten free. These healthy chocolate muffins are the perfect treat to pack in a lunch box or share with friends!
Hi guys… it’s me, the muffin woman. I’m back again with yet another muffin recipe and hope you’re excited!
For those of you that already subscribe to my newsletter, you should have recieved this recipe in your inboxes a few weeks ago after #AKMuffinWeek. Many of you have already made them and shared the recipe on Instagram! If you haven’t already experienced the magic and deliciousness that is tahini, then hopefully this recipe convinces you to try it out.
Ever since I made my tahini brownies, I’ve fallen head over heels in love with tahini. I love using it in dressings like on my vegan curried chickpea broccoli salad and now in these glorious brownie like chocolate muffins.
To be honest, I had no idea if these muffins would turn out. Like most recipes I make, they’re simply an experiment, and I keep testing and making changes until they turn out. This recipe basically involved me trying to combine my paleo banana muffin recipe and tahini brownies together to form a crazy good muffin.
When it worked I felt like Wonder Woman. And after I took a bite and realized they tasted like a muffin and brownie had a baby, I felt like Miley Cyrus at the VMA’s. JUST KIDDING. I really do love Miley though.
Enough about that.
More about these muffins:
They’re made up of tahini, almond flour, cocoa powder and coconut flour. The combination makes them perfect.
The muffins are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup and bananas. Okay and a few chocolate chips because I am a full blown chocoholic. You too? K good. Now we’re friends.
Each muffin contains almost 5g of protein AND fiber. Top them with a little extra tahini or your favorite nut butter for a seriously delicious brownie-like muffin that you’ll want to make again and again.
And just in case you didn’t already know, these muffs are gluten free, grain free and dairy free. Hope you love them & a huge thank you to all of you who made our muffin week a success!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You can also snap and picture and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. And of course be sure to follow Ambitious Kitchen on Instagram. xo!
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 5.8g
- 1 heaping cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 banana)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup packed fine almond flour
- ½ cup high quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add mashed banana, eggs, tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few chocolate chips for sprinkling on top of muffins.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin liners. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Makes 12 muffins.
Pin these muffins: