I’m sitting here watching the latest season of Stranger Things, staring at photos of these brownies and thinking how much I absolutely adore them. I’ve made them at least 10 times within the past month and still can’t get enough.
So I’ll just get this out now:
YOU NEED THEM IN YOUR LIFE! BADLY.
So what happens when a bunch of my favorite superfoods, healthy nuts, dates and cocoa powder come together?
Magical NO BAKE FUDGY CHOCOLATE ENERGY BITES that taste exactly like brownies!
I swear it’s true.
BTW sorry for writing in all caps a few times. If anything it should just relay my excitement for you to try these amazing brownies. They’re packed with simple ingredients like:
cocoa powder (or cacao!)
and dark chocolate on top with a little sea salt.
They’re impossible not to love yet healthy enough to enjoy for an afternoon snack. I love having them on hand for a healthier, nutritious dessert.
See how to make the no bake brownie energy bars:
I swear to you, everyone who tries these LOVES them!
If you make these, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe. And if you’re on Instagram, you can give me a follow here and tag #ambitouskitchen with the recipes you make from my site!
More healthy no bake recipes to try:
No Bake Superfood Dark Chocolate Brownie Energy Bars + video
- For the bars:
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw pecans halves
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup goji berries (or dried cherries)
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
- For the topping
- 1.5 ounces 85% dark chocolate (vegan, if desired)
- To garnish:
- 1 tablespoon shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Add dates, walnuts, pecans, only ¼ cup of pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Process until chunky.
- Next add in unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Process again until mixture is chunky and slightly clumping. If mixture is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Next add in remaining ¼ cup pistachios and goji berries and pulse again a few times until pistachios are slightly chunky. Add mixture into a 8x4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pressing evenly towards the sides of the pan.
- Add dark chocolate to a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. You can also microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour over the bars, tilting pan so that the chocolate covers the bars evenly. Garnish the bars with 1 tablespoon of the following: pistachios, goji berries and crushed pecans.
- Place bars in the freezer for 30 minutes-1 hour to harden. Once ready to serve, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt then cut into 8 squares. Store safely covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
If you want you can keep the melted dark chocolate off the top. They are still incredibly delicious!