Hello lovely friends! I hope this post finds you rejuvenated from the busy holiday season. I’m here to recap everything that happened over the past month. Thanks for following along this past month and making my recipes, reading my posts and finding comfort in baking these fantastic cinnamon rolls. If you haven’t joined our private Facebook community yet, we’d love to have you; it’s been so much fun to see your AK recipe creations!
Is it just me, or does it seem that December is one of the most chaotic, quick months? It was for us, but finally seems to be settling down as we patiently wait for baby boy to join us. I’ll be 40 weeks pregnant this week (!!!) and can’t wait for him to arrive. To pass the time, I’ve basically just been cleaning, organizing and working my booty off.
What I really should do to pass the time is pick up a book because honestly… I’m starting to get BORED. Do you have any recommendations of good reads or movies/shows you’ve been loving lately? Would love to hear them in the comments!
This past month we accomplished an incredible amount. From publishing delicious recipes and pregnancy content to shooting recipe videos and wrapping up our baby boy’s nursery, the AK team & family is feeling proud… and tired.
Thankfully, we pretty much have all of our recipes and content done through the end of February, so I’ll be able to take a much needed maternity ‘break’. Don’t worry, nothing will change around here — you’ll still get plenty of delicious, nourishing recipes to fuel your health journey.
AND OF COURSE… WHO ELSE IS EXCITED TO MEET OUR BABY BOY?!
By the way, this is me as a baby! So chunky hehe.
Recipes from December
What a month! We published 21 times… and that might be a record. Abra and I both worked extremely hard to make #AKCookieWeek a success along with creating some fun videos with our video team. Here are all of the delicious recipes you might have missed:
- The Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies You’ll Ever Eat
- Soft Cut Out Sugar Cookies (gluten free, grain free, paleo friendly)
- Italian Chocolate Orange Cookies with Orange Icing
- Healthy Homemade Fudge Striped Shortbread Cookies
- Incredible Gingerbread Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 31 Seasonal Recipes to Cook in December
- Iced Brown Butter Maple Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- The Best Cookie Recipes to Bake This Holiday Season
- Orange Gingerbread Swirl Loaf
- St. Nick’s Drop It Like It’s Hot Party Nuts
- My Absolute Favorite Healthier Hot Chocolate
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls You’ll Ever Eat
- No Bake Omega 3 Mint Brownie Energy Bites
- Mushroom Spinach Bacon Egg Cups (low carb!)
- Upside-Down Orange Caramel Pecan French Toast Bake
- One Bowl Gluten Free Gingerbread Snacking Cake
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Bread
- Make-Ahead Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
- Top 25 Reader Favorite Recipes
- My Favorite Recipes from 2019
A few more pregnancy updates for you to check out if you’re interested. I’ve tried to be as transparent and helpful as possible when sharing these. Feel free to share the links with any mamas or mamas to be!
new sheets and duvet cover!
15 Things We loved in December
- The Witcher on Netflix: been loving this show! And now somehow I seem to completely adore Henry Cavill. Have you guys been watching any good shows or movies?! Let me know. We also finally watch 12 Years a Slave and all I can say is WOW.
- Parachute duvet cover: my mother in law got me this for Christmas and I LOVE it. I try to invest in new white sheets every year so this was truly the perfect gift for me. Thanks Judy! Btw Parachute sheets are also unbelievably soft, durable and high-quality (we have them!)
- Turkish robe: Tony got me this beautiful turkish robe for my birthday and I’ve been LIVING in it. I’m telling you, it’s amazing!
- Cocokind Chia Facial Oil: officially my new favorite facial oil. It’s perfectly balanced! I use it under makeup and before bed. #dreamy
- Sur Hoop Earrings: probably my favorite pair of earrings right now and I consider myself an earring queen. I have SO MANY.
- Faux Fur Slippers: SLIPPERS FOREVER AND EVER AMEN. These ones are perfect and I love that they’re open so your feet stay warm, but not hot. Admittedly, I sometimes wear them with socks because I’m weird.
- If you haven’t had Honey Mama’s Chocolate then you absolutely must try it. It’s paleo, vegan and OH SO FREAKIN’ GOOD. I believe they sell them at Trader Joe’s.
- My lips have been so dry lately and I’ve been soaking up the Primally Pure Peppermint Chapstick. It’s amazing and I love that it’s all natural.
- Tarte Cosmetics Big Ego Vegan Mascara: my new favorite mascara that I’ve been using over the past month or so! It’s amazing.
- This Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer also happens to be my new favorite concealer. It’s creamy and blends in perfectly. If you guys haven’t tried Tarte, I highly recommend giving them a go because their makeup is quite lovely and bonus…it’s all vegan!
- I’m the type of person always on the hunt for really good, comfy socks and these Literra Women’s Ankle Socks are a game changer. Great for working out and they don’t shrink in the dryer.
- One of my favorite new-to-me candles that I immediately burned through. Smells so cozy.
- Admittedly, I’ve been living in this super soft & cozy full zip fleece jacket from Abercrombie. It’s an obsession.
- Abra recently got a pair of these Abercrombie Curvy Skinny Jeans and loves them so much!
- Finally, if you’re in the mood for a new playlist then check out my gotta love playlist over on Spotify. Hope you love it.
Cheers to a delicious December and to a Happy New Year! Hope you all have a beautiful start to 2020.