Random Friday posts are good sometimes, right? They add a little jazz in between the food porn shots.
And so, here we go. I’m telling you 10 random things about me. There’s no rhyme or reason to it!
- I blew out the speakers on my new car after a month. I’m going to go deaf. No biggie.
- I eat peanut butter out of the jar on a daily basis. Don’t even try to judge that right there. That’s real life.
- My dog is nicknamed Oscar de La Renta. He’s proud. I’m going to buy him a pink collar soon. He’ll figure it out.
- I have plans to attend culinary school. Someday, somehow! Let me pay off all of my student loans first. Or win the lottery?
- If I wasn’t so into food and cooking, I’d probably be a fitness instructor, doctor, or nutritionist.
- I have to confess that I drank close to a bottle of wine after my juice cleanse. Do you think that reversed the cleanse? Meh.
- I am addicted to BuzzFeed. You should be too.
- That new Almond Joy frosting was spooned out of the jar last week…. straight into my mouth. I suggest you find it and do the same.
- Zac Efron and I will get married someday. Obviously.
- These zucchini banana muffins? MY FAVORITE MUFFINS EVER! NO SERIOUSLY. EVER.
Ahhhhh I live for the weekends, and this last one was just so lovely and relaxing. I mean who doesn’t love laying in bed an extra half hour on Saturday mornings? These days, it’s a luxury.
That being said, I’m starting to realize that I can no longer be sleep deprived, over-caffeinate myself, and still function like a normal human being. My habits of staying up until 1AM on the weekdays are starting to wear on me. Also, I should make a note to stop checking my email at 3AM. Clearly I have no idea what the term ‘unplugged’ means.
Oh well. On to more exciting things…
On Saturday I found 10 bananas in a brown paper bag that I had purchased eariler in the week. Thank goodness because I was in a baking mood! MUFFINS, BREADS, COOKIES… I can’t stop.
Bananas are my absolute favorite! They pack potassium and digestible (good-for-you) carbs. So, what does this mean? Well, they give your body fuel and pretty much make you feel like a rock star. But not the kind of rock stars that do drugs.
In all seriousness, I love baking with bananas because they add moisture, act as a binder, and have enough flavor where you don’t need to add additional sugar.
Well that title is certainly a mouthful. But guess what? I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I made you another delicious flourless treat without any weird ingredients. This time it includes two of my absolute favorite things: peanut butter AND nutella. OH BABY. And if you want to get really crazy, you can add bananas into that mix! But we’ll get to the various adaptations behind these bars in a bit. First I’d like to share some VERY exciting news with all of you!
I’ve taken a new job!
I will be joining General Mills as a full-time employee managing social for Gold Medal Flour and Bisquick. I’m completely thrilled as I have been working on and off with General Mills for the past two years in social media, thus it was only natural for me to move into a full-time role.
So what does this mean for Ambitious Kitchen?
You probably won’t notice a difference at all, other than my posts may be a little sporadic as I transition into my new role. Naturally you might hear me mention cereal and yogurt a bit more often (because I will be surrounded by it at work), but other than that I will continue to stay true to what I love: creating unique, (mostly) healthy recipes and sharing my passion for healthy living with all of you.
Again, thank you so much for your continued support of Ambitious Kitchen.
Note: Everyone has different opinions on the food brands they support; please know that Ambitious Kitchen is my personal food blog, and will continue to remain that way.