Five years ago I would have been crowned the salad queen. Now Abra (AK’s brand manager) has taken the position that over. If you follow us on Insta, you know that we’ve adopted the hashtag #abrassalad.
Every day she packs the most delicious little lunch and meal prep concoctions: roasted brussels with goat cheese and chickpeas; kale salad with garlic and carrots, and a sautéed broccoli with chickpeas and cranberries. Can you say veggie inspo?
Now admittedly, I haven’t been as good about consuming my greens on a consistent basis — and it’s certainly a goal of mine to get a little bit better at batch prepping veggies and enjoying salads more often. But you know how it goes, they take time to prepare and usually at the end of the night, you might be exhausted and have already thrown something in the slow cooker for dinner. Or you just order food from your local Thai place. I feel you.
But… a 30 minute dinner? TOTALLY DOABLE. Especially if it involves heart-healthy salmon!
Since Spring is finally here, I’ve been wanted to get back to lighter foods paired with heart-healthy fats to keep me full. This recipe combination that I’m sharing today is exactly that. A glazed honey garlic salmon paired with Dole’s new Apple Dijon Organic Salad Kit. It’s bomb diggity.
The salmon is a slight take on my fabulous and wildly popular spicy maple glazed salmon, except this version doesn’t involve any spice — just pure honey-garlic caramelization and a tangy dijon flavor.
I love to add the salmon on top of the Apple Dijon salad and serve it for a lower carb dinner for those nights you need something on the lighter side.
Dole also sells an awesome organic Caesar salad kit, but I have to admit the apple dijon is my fav. If you’re looking at where you can find these organic kits, you can try the store locator here.
If there is ever a consistent goal in my diet, it’s finding ways to incorporate more greens and veggies. To be honest, I used to be really good about it. I’d steam broccoli for nearly every dinner and munch on a salad packed with veggies, olives and feta for lunch. This salad has inspired me to get back to more of that and fewer tortilla chips.
Tell me, what are your favorite salad toppings/ingredients?
30 Minute Honey Garlic Salmon with Apple Dijon Green Salad
- 12 oz wild caught salmon (2 - 6 oz salmon filets)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 package Dole Organic Apple Dijon Salad Kit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place salmon filets skin side down.
- Add soy sauce, dijon, honey and garlic to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Spoon only half of the mixture over the salmon filets. Bake for 18-20 minute or until salmon easily flakes. Remove from oven and immediately pour remaining glaze on top of the salmon.
- While the salmon is cooking, you can prepare the apple dijon salad in a large bowl by following the instructions on the package (add the nuts/dried fruit, dressing and cheese).
- Divide salad into two large bowls and add salmon filet on top. You can either leave salmon as a whole filet or flake with a fork and toss with the salad. Makes 2 servings! Enjoy!
This post is in partnership with Dole Fresh Vegetables, a brand I trust. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible.