Let me tell you about the juiciest most flavorful marinated grilled chicken breast ever…
The recipe just so happens to be from my dear friend Phi’s new cookbook, Fast & Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People! The cookbook comes out on July 19th, but you can pre-order your copy today!
Phi’s cookbook is devoted to helping busy people cook fast and easy meals (aka basically everyone needs this). It’s truly one of the best cookbooks for people who are busy bees or aren’t as familiar in the kitchen as they’d like to be. The recipes are also budget-friendly, because each only involve a few simple ingredients. Winning in all categories right there.
I’ve known Phi for a few years now and was so honored when she sent me an advanced copy of her cookbook. We first met back when she held a retreat here in Chicago. Phi is someone who lights up the room with her generosity, kindness and ambition. I’m so proud of her for creating this cookbook all on her own and couldn’t say enough lovely things about it — even if I tried.
Okay, but really it is FANTASTIC.
I’m incredibly excited to try out a few recipes on Tony including: Chicken Couscous Avocado Salad, Turkey Taco Salad, Strawberries and Cream Tartlets and the Spicy Breakfast Hash. Don’t those all sound lovely? And they only take 5 ingredients? *face lights up with excitement*
I decided to try out Phi’s 5-Ingredient recipe for Lemon Yogurt Marinated Chicken. Phi’s recipe calls for cooking it in the skillet, but it’s summer time, so I threw the chicken on my new Fuego grill and they came out absolutely perfect. I am forever in love.
Pair this marinated grilled chicken with these healthy recipes:
5-Ingredient Lemon Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Mediterranean spiced sea salt (*or your own homemade blend -- see notes)
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts (about 5 - small 4 oz chicken breasts)
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, yogurt and mediterranean spiced sea salt and stir. Add the chicken breasts and stir so that the chicken is covered in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (or up to an hour).
- Preheat grill to medium high and lightly oil the grate.
- Shake off extra marinade on the chicken and place on grill, cooking 6-8 minutes per side, until juices run clear and chicken in no longer pink. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste. Discard the excess marinade.
- Serve with salad, potatoes or anything of your choice!
To zest up the chicken: I like to add in 2 cloves of minced garlic + 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard to the marinade. Seriously so good!
To create your own Mediterranean Sea Salt for this recipe, combine the following: 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, pinch of dried basil and freshly ground black pepper.
I like to grill up a few lemon slices with my chicken to add flavor (they are also edible)!
Recipe adapted with permission from Philia Kelnhofer's Five-Ingredient Recipes.