First of all, thank you for the love and support on my post last week. I can’t tell you how much it lifted up my spirits and brought tears to my eyes. Even though the post was incredibly difficult to publish, your encouragement and overwhelming positivity never ceases to amaze me. In fact, it’s given me inspiration to keep on writing what’s in my heart and bringing more life stories back into my posts. Part two will come very soon, I promise.
In the meantime, I’ve been a busy little lady. I spent the weekend in Minneapolis with Lee and Katie freezing my booty off and working on Healthy Glow Co and Healthy Glow Guide content planning. I’m feeling more inspired than ever.
As most of you know, I recently co-founded the Healthy Glow Collective (or healthyglow.co as we like to call it). It’s a website and community for any woman who wants to find a balance between food, health and fitness.
Bottom line: I want to show women what it’s like to live a balanced lifestyle, where you can still have treats, only workout 3x per week and still FEEL CONFIDENT AND LOOK AMAZING. The Healthy Glow Guide is a guide to show you exactly how we normally eat and exercise. And as a bonus for all my treat lovers out there: You can to have dessert every night, just like your ambitious girl (aka me).
Yesssss, I know you love chocolate. And nut butter. Don’t try to deny it.
Finding a balance with food and fitness is all about creating healthy habits in and out of the kitchen and gym. I’m extremely proud of the messaging and content that the Healthy Glow Guide provides REAL women like you. In fact, it’s probably one of my favorite things I’ve worked on in a long time. There are over 85 healthy recipes in the guide (so it’s basically like a cookbook!), workouts, meal plans, grocery lists and so much more! 95% of the recipes are gluten free friendly and 70% of the recipes are vegetarian.
If you haven’t signed up for the guide yet, then now is your chance! Anyone who signs up by TODAY 1/8 gets entered into win a $100 gift card to Lululemon.
Sign up for the Healthy Glow Guide here!
These Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles are just one recipes in the guide. They’re delicious, easy to make and a great option for lunches during the week or a quick dinner paired with a protein.
I’m off to go make some recipes from the Healthy Glow Guide. xo!
Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles + Learn How I Eat & Exercise
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if necessary
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese or goat cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Use a julienne peeler, mandolin or spiralizer and spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Add noodles to a large bowl.
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until completely smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency; I like mine a little on the thicker side.
- Transfer to a bowl with the zucchini noodles and toss the noodles until they are well coated. Top with tomatoes. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Photography by: Sarah Fennel