I have to admit that I spent a lot of time in November testing out pumpkin pie recipes. And even better, I was set on creating a healthy pumpkin pie recipe because I’m 100% sure we don’t need to have pumpkin pie made with sweetened condensed milk.
If you weren’t already aware, my love for pumpkin pie is right up there with my love for all the nut butters, Justin Bieber and cats. You know, all the normal things in life. Uhhhhh…
I know that it’s no longer Thanksgiving, nor pumpkin season, but I’m confident you can find it somewhere within your heart to bake this version. I’m pretty sure it’s one of the best pies I’ve EVER made, so there’s that.
Instead of a traditional crust, I thought I’d go with a gluten free version using the ever-amazing Pamela’s gluten free graham crackers. I love being able to create recipes that everyone can enjoy during the holiday season, especially when you can’t tell that it’s gluten free or dairy free! Obviously if we’re making a graham cracker crust, why wouldn’t we make it with chocolate graham crackers?! The best graham crackers out there and very underrated.
Truth be told, my favorite part of this pumpkin pie isn’t just the ingredients. The texture is out of this world creamy, rich and velvety smooth. Not only that, but the good amount of spices in this recipe won me over; it’s gingery with a hint of nutmeg and cloves. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I’m probably going to make this for my birthday dessert tomorrow so that has to be proof how much I love it, right?. Enjoy! xo.
If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment below! Don’t forget to tag a picture of #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram! I love to see your creations. xo!
More healthy Thanksgiving dessert recipes to try:
Healthy Pumpkin Pie with Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust (Gluten Free!)
- 7 Pamela's Chocolate Grahams
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or organic brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place graham crackers in bowl of food processor and pulse until graham crackers resemble fine crumbs. Add in coconut oil and process again for another minute until graham crumbs resemble wet sand.
- Press mixture evenly into pie pan. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside to cool. Keep heat in oven.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut sugar and spices to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in almond milk and mix in until smooth and creamy. Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and center of pie no longer jiggles.
- Check pie after 20 minutes to make sure crust isn't burning. If it is, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield.
- Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving. Top with whipped cream. Keep pie in fridge. Serves 9.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Photography by: Sarah Fennel
This post is in partnership with Pamela’s Products, whom I’ve been working with over the past year to develop some fun gluten free recipes. As always, recipes & opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support AK and the brands that help make this site possible! You can find out which stores near you carry Pamela’s Products by visiting their store locator.