Can you believe it’s already Wednesday? As in Day 3 of cookie week? Hump day just got even better.
Yesterday Katie and I spent the day at Goddess and the Baker, a bakery and coffee shop here in Chicago. I grazed on their fabulous chopped salad then later in the day we enjoyed treats for an afternoon snack. They have everything from superfood energy balls to pumpkin pecan bars to gluten free and vegan banana muffins.
Out of the corner of my eye I also spotted a paleo chocolate chip cookie. While it looked absolutely delicious, I couldn’t help but imagine my paleo ginger molasses cookies sitting in the bakery waiting to be dunked in a piping hot cup of coffee and gobbled down with a big smile.
These cookies would knock it out of the park in sales at a bakery. I’m quite confident about it.
How do I know, you ask? Well it’s simple: They happen to be one of my favorite healthy cookies on this site! Could even be in my Top 3 cookies EVER.
Yes, I love them that much. They’re the treat you could eat every single day for the rest of your life; a cookie that you can’t get over one you’ve had them once. Cookies you’ll begin to crave.
I like to roll them in a little bit of organic sugar for a beautiful look, but it’s up to you on how you make them. They will still be delicious either way.
P.S. I wouldn’t object to you adding dark chocolate chunks to these (OMG!).
I’ll see you back here tomorrow for another delicious cookie recipe. Thanks for being here! xo.
See how to make the paleo ginger molasses cookies:
More paleo dessert recipes you’ll love:
If you make this, be sure to leave a comment below, or upload a photo and tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram.
Paleo Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Organic sugar for rolling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar, molasses, egg and vanilla extract. (Please make sure your coconut oil is cool!)
- Next add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, spices and salt; mix well to combine and form a dough. Let the dough rest for just a few minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough, then use your hands to roll dough into a ball.
- Roll dough in organic cane sugar then place on an ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with your hand or the back of a glass. Bake for 8-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling. Makes 10 cookies. Feel free to double the recipe if you want to make more!
Recipe by: Monique Volz | Photography by: Sarah Fennel