This healthy paleo lemon blueberry bread made with a mix of almond and coconut flour is bursting with juicy blueberries and fresh lemon zest in every bite. Drizzled with a creamy pink glaze made with your favorite berry jam.
DAMN it took me a long time to perfect this bread.
I literally tested this recipe 8 times with various amounts of grain free flours, sweeteners, lemon juice, coconut oil (or no coconut oil), etc. Recipe testing isn’t always as easy as it looks. Often, it’s time consuming and often times frustrating. Yet I can’t complain, I love what I do and when recipes like this finally turn out beautifully, it becomes completely worth it.
Spring always reminds me of lemon things. Because of the amount of requests I get for things made with almond and/or coconut flour, I decided to make a PALEO/GRAIN FREE/GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE lemon blueberry bread for all of you.
It’s light, perfectly sweet and ready for your oven. If you want you could add a tablespoon or two of poppyseeds to make it a lemon poppyseed loaf.
Oh and we can’t forget about the glaze. It’s a mix of coconut milk (or you can use coconut butter!), berry jam, lemon zest and lemon juice. It’s SO easy, yummy and PRETTY.
If you want your bread extra cute, just add some crushed freeze dried raspberries and call it a day.
Hope you love this lemon blueberry bread as much as my husband does. Fair warning: it’s addicting! And if you do love it, then don’t forget to try my orange-kissed paleo loaf with dark chocolate. IT IS INCREDIBLE.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1 slice (based on 8)
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5g
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Dry ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups fine blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries (or raspberries!)
- For the glaze
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk from the can, just the top, solid part
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- For garnish
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or spray pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: eggs, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to combine. Lastly, fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes until tester comes out clean. Allow loaf to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- Once loaf is cooled completely, make your glaze: Place a small pot over low heat and add coconut milk, lemon juice, jam and lemon zest. Stir constantly until ingredients are well-combined. Drizzle glaze on top and garnish with zest from 1 lemon. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
Pin this bread: