Happy Friday, Ambitious fam! Welcome to weekend favorites: Abra edition. If we haven’t virtually met yet, hello! I’m excited to share 10 things you might not know about me + a few favorite things to kick off the weekend.
You might know me by my nickname #abrassalad, which was given to me (by Monique) because I used to be the resident vegetarian here at Ambitious Kitchen. I have now since moved onto cooking and eating most meats, because honestly recipes like Monique’s new Paleo Chicken Tenders are too good to pass up.
Now for 10 new things you might not know about me:
1. Favorite Ambitious Kitchen recipe(s). I get this question a lot, and I imagine it’s the same as choosing a favorite child. So I’ll break it down:
Breakfast: Fluffy Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread Pancakes
2. My name: I was named after my grandfather “Abraham,” so my name is pronounced with a long “A” – bonus points if you knew that one 🙂
3. Adult beverage of choice: beer! I love a good IPA.
4. Family: I’m the middle child of my family with one older sister and one younger sister, plus an almost 5-month-old nephew who has my whole heart.
5. Favorite food: If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be pizza. Any kind.
6. Just for fun: I only wear one contact, so technically I could rock a monocle.
7. Favorite movies: Titanic, The Last Song, and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. I swear I’m 25.
8. Weird secret: I love washing dishes, especially while Monique is recipe-testing. It’s super relaxing!
9. Favorite snacks: popcorn, wasabi peas, and chocolate + sea salt RXBAR’s.
10. Favorite part about working at Ambitious Kitchen: every day is totally different – I get to wear a ton of different hats, which is both challenging and exciting for me. In the past year I’ve also learned a lot about what wellness and balance mean to me. Monique and I speak candidly about our personal triumphs and trials with these things, and I’m lucky to have her insight and inspiration every day. Our little team works hard and kicks ass! I wish there were about 10 more hours in the day.
And finally, a few favorite things to leave you with:
If it ever gets warmer in Chicago, I’ve got my eye on these cute high-waisted shorts.
Literally need these Caramelized Banana Chocolate Almond Butter Cups.
Would you try this new wine flavor?! Might just be two of my favorite things in one glass.
Monique just got this new nail color, so of course I’m eyeing the sparkly version…
My current playlist for walking around the city with some super chill vibes.
Favorite jeans I’ve ever owned. A bit of stretch, super high-waisted, and so comfy!
That’s all I’ve got for you. Have an amazing weekend – only 3 more sleeps until #AKMuffinWeek! If you haven’t yet, be sure to sign up for Ambitious Kitchen emails to get muffins straight to your inbox each morning next week 🙂