Gluten free paleo orange bread kissed and infused with fresh orange juice & zest, then covered with dark chocolate for the ultimate treat. This bread will blow you away by how good it is.
It might be my wedding week, but don’t think I forgot about all of you. My passion and joy in life involves making recipes and I couldn’t neglect you during the holiday season.
I’m going to keep all posts this week pretty short and sweet, which means we can avoid talking about my obsession with Jelena (justin + selena getting back together) and get straight to these delicious recipes.
So here we are with a sweet dessert or sweet breakfast bread perfect to nosh on over brunch, serve to your grain free guests, or just gobble up yourself with a cup of coffee: my paleo ORANGE KISSED loaf with dark chocolate.
I know what you are thinking: What the hell is this chick doing putting orange and chocolate together in a bread?
That’s exactly what Abra and Tony both thought too, until they tried the bread and couldn’t stop going back for more. And now I’m here to prove to you that orange and chocolate are a match made in heaven.
The combination of orange and chocolate is one that I wish made more of an appearance in bakeries or donut shops because it’s surprisingly addictive, refreshing, tangy, sweet and luxurious.
The bread itself is made with almond flour and coconut flour — the secret combo to any delicious paleo sweet bread. I’ve only tried it with these two flours, so please don’t ask me about substitutions. The bread is PERFECT as is.
And if I can’t convince you to make this loaf with words, I’m sure this video will do the trick:
I hope you LOVE this sweet orange kissed loaf with a loved one over the holiday season. It’s seriously one of my favorites I’ve made this year and SO good with a cup of coffee.
Pin this recipe for later!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe! You can also follow Ambitious Kitchen on Instagram and tag #ambitiouskitchen with your recipe creations. xo!
- Dry ingredients
- 1 ½ cups packed fine almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 large orange
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- For the dark chocolate glaze:
- 3.5 oz 85% dark chocolate bar
- For garnish
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or spray pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. NOTES: Make sure your coconut oil is melted and cooled otherwise it will become clumpy. This goes with your eggs too -- it’s best to run them under warm water for 1 minute to bring them to room temp before baking.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to combine. Pour batter into loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes until tester comes out clean. Allow loaf to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- To make the dark chocolate glaze: Add dark chocolate bar to a small pot and place over low heat, stirring the chocolate frequently until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the loaf and spread evenly towards the sides. Garnish with zest from 1 orange. Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!