Wellness Wednesday: 30 Minute Full Body Toner Workout (no weights required!)
Get your workout done in just 30 minutes with this full body toner workout that hits the legs, arms and abs. No equipment required!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
Ever since I started to do Wellness Wednesdays, many of you requested workouts or a glimpse at what my workouts look like each week. I decided to get together with Lee from Fit Foodie Finds while we were on Princess Cruises to put together a body sculpt series workout for you all.
Lee and I both LOVE working out so when Princess Cruises offered a body sculpt class on the ship, we signed up immediately. To our surprise, the workouts were both challenging and FUN! As a result, we decided to take a few of the moves and put them into a guided 30-minute workout that you can do at home (or while traveling!).
The best part? There are no weights required if you are a beginner! Plus you can take each workout at your own pace and modify each exercise if necessary.
Each Wednesday over the next four weeks, Lee and I will be posting a new workout for you to try out!
Wanna clean up your diet too?
As healthy food bloggers, we both have plenty of clean eating recipes for you to enjoy! Our sites both cover a wide variety of dietary needs and different flavor profiles. We recommend eating higher protein meals and avoiding excess sugar. Below are some recipes to try.
- Cheesy Egg White Veggie Muffins
- Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Banana Pancakes
- Strawberry, Peanut Butter and Banana Quesadillas
- Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Healthy Chicken Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Easy Chickpea Greek Salad
- Black Bean and Quinoa Chili
- Kale, Edamame and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Vegetarian Brown Rice Bowl
- New Mexican Green Chile Black Bean Burgers
- Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl Casserole
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
- Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos with Avocado and Mango
- Lemon Salmon Kabobs
- Slow Cooker Fajita Tacos
- Black Bean Avocado Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
- Chocolate Dipped Cuties and Berries
- Almond Butter Banana Bread Muffins
And finally, here’s the workout (more details below the image):
How to do the workout:
Do each exercise 16 times with no rest in between, Once the circuit is complete. rest for 30 seconds then move on to the next round (14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2).
1. Alternating Lunges + Twist: Begin standing with feet hip-width distance apart, holding one dumbbell at your chest. Step forward with your left leg and lower down into a 90/90 lunge, keeping your knee stacked over your ankle and your chest lifted. As you lower down twist your upper body and dumbbell towards the left. Step back into standing. Alternate sides. Modify the exercise by using no weights.
2. Burpees: Begin standing with feet hip-width distance apart. Lower down and plant your hands on the ground. Spring your legs back into plank pose, keeping your shoulders stacked over wrist. Spring your legs back in and jump up. Repeat. Regression: Instead of jumping at the end, simply stand up.
3. Bell Ringers: Begin standing with feet hip-width distance apart, holding one dumbbell at your waste. Lower down into a squat, keeping the weight in your heels and chest lifted. As you explode up into a standing position, swing dumbbell to shoulder height. Repeat. Modify the exercise by using no weights.
4. Press Up – 1 Dumbbell: Begin in a plank position with a dumbbell in your right hand. Lift your left leg (opposite) keeping your toe pointed and hips square to the ground. Lower down into a push-up. Make sure to lead with your chest and keep your neck straight. Press back up into plank. Do half on one side and half on the other. Modify the exercise by using no weights and doing each push up on your knees.
Hope you guys love the workout!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises and is a reflection of workouts I learned on my trip. Please remember that you can always modify a workout. Take things at your own pace and be mindful of how your body feels. The workouts are meant to push you, but you should never feel dizzy or faint. I am not a personal trainer, I only workout frequently. Lee is a certified group fitness instructor and teaches yoga sculpt at Corepower. If you have any specific questions about your health and if you should be working out, please consult your doctor.
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.