Oh hey friends. Happy Monday! This weekend I spent time at Deer Valley Resort for the Better Blog Retreat. Of course, I’ll tell you more about it in an upcoming post, but for now all I want to mention is that I CANNOT even begin to explain to you how completely gorgeous Utah is. I had no idea!
For the rest of the week, Tony and I are driving down to Moab, Utah to see my Mom, then we’re headed to Denver for a little vacation. Honestly, we need it. The past month has been CRAZY face due to moving, painting, traveling, projects and basically everything else that life throws at you.
And now it’s almost November? I just can’t even.
It would be terrific if I could just lock myself in a Trader Joe’s for Thanksgiving. Think about it… wine, pumpkin EVERYTHING, chocolate, salads and Wally. Unfortunately, we probably all have a little cooking to do and I’ve got some FANTASTIC recipes coming up for the holidays just for you.
First, let’s start with the classic must-have roasted veggies made with garlic, oregano and vegan parmesan cheese (thanks to my friends at GO Veggie!). As many of you know, I’ve been making recipes with GO Veggie! products for the past year. I think it’s a wonderful alternative to regular cheese and perfect for those with sensitivities around the holidays. Have you tried it yet?
Tony’s obsession with oregano is spinning wildly out of control. I have to buy it frequently because he puts it on his popcorn almost nightly. I have to admit, it’s really growing on me too and so I thought it would a great herb to add to beautiful olive oil roasted veggies. Plus, with the addition of vegan parmesan, there’s really no reason not to make these. They’re flavorful, healthy and beautiful on any table.
I do have to say though that these veggies would be FABULOUS tossed with some cooked quinoa for a nice vegetarian dinner. Talk about flavor!
Oh and please, don’t forget to tell me your favorite places in Denver in the comments so I can be sure to check them out!
Stay connected by following AK on social:
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 154
- Fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 5.5g
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved and stems & outer leaves removed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled sliced
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup GO Veggie! Vegan Parmesan Grated Topping
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add veggies to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, oregano, rosemary and garlic Pour over veggies and toss to evenly distribute. Add in parmesan topping, salt and pepper and toss again until well coated. Pour on a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Roast in oven for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes, until squash is fork tender and sprouts are slightly crispy and caramelized. Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes, then serve! Makes 8 servings total.
This post is sponsored by GO Veggie!. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support the brands that help make this site possible!
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen
Photography by: Sarah Fennel // Broma Bakery