Flavorful sesame garlic roasted asparagus is deliciously seasoned and cooked to crunchy perfection. This easy asparagus recipe comes together in just 20 minutes for the best Spring side dish!
I got thinking about veggies the other day and realized that sometimes the simplest ways to make food tasty are often the most flavorful.
Today, I’m giving you a basic recipe for roasted asparagus in the oven. Yes, it’s easy, but damnnnnn it’s good.
This side dish only takes a quick 20 minutes to throw together and is wonderful paired with roasted chicken or my favorite salmon. In fact, if you have a large enough sheet pan, you can make the salmon AND the asparagus at the same time (or just use two baking sheets!).
In this recipe, the asparagus is tossed with a tiny bit of sesame oil and minced garlic. Then to finish it off, toasted sesame seeds are sprinkled generously on to coat the outside and make for an incredible crunchy exterior.
I hope you love this recipe and make it soon! Don’t forget to rate it below and tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram with your creations! xo
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (can also use black sesame seeds)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the dry woody ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Place asparagus in large bowl and add sesame oil and minced garlic; toss to combine. Arrange spears on large baking sheet and generously sprinkle with sesame seeds. Season with a good amount of sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until spears reach desired consistency. They should still be a bit crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate to serve immediately.
Pin this recipe: