Delicious maple glazed carrots roasted with pure maple syrup and garlic. Topped with creamy goat cheese crumbles and crunchy pistachios — this easy, veggie side dish will impress everyone at your holiday gatherings!
Coming at you live with another delish side dish to share with family and friends this season. Among all of the turkeys and stuffings and gravy, every Thanksgiving table needs some gorgeous, bright veggies. Don’t you think?
It’s the best way to make sure your traditionally beige plate is filled with a little pop of color. I mean, we eat with our eyes first, right? So it’s time I introduce you to my new fav side dish: my sweet and savory maple glazed carrots.
Guys. These carrots are BEYOND amazing. Honestly I didn’t know such a basic vegetable could be so addicting, but Abra and I kept going back for more when we were lunching on them last week.
What makes these carrots so insanely good? Rainbow carrots. Yes, you can use all orange ones as well, but I love the beautiful fall colors that rainbow carrots add to the table.
Next, the creamy, crunchy combination (say that 5 times fast) of the goat cheese and pistachios. There’s something truly magical about this combo that makes every bite the perfect bite.
Finally, the hint of lemon zest brings out each individual flavor for the perfect touch. You guys are going to love these! Serve them up next to that big turkey, or just make them for a delicious side dish for your weeknight dinner. It’s always a good time to celebrate with feel-good food. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe leave a comment below to let me know how you liked it! Be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so that I can see your creations. Xo!
- 2 pounds rainbow or regular carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 ounce goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Place carrots on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, and top with garlic. Roast carrots for 35-45 minutes until fork tender.
- Top with goat cheese crumbles, pistachios, and finish with zest from lemon. Serve immediately.
PIN THIS CARROT RECIPE: