Garlic Fingerling Potatoes (roasted or grilled!)
These garlic fingerling potatoes are simply the best and only require 3 ingredients! Options for roasting them in the oven or on the grill. Perfect serving with brunch or as a healthy dinner side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
Happy Labor day, my loves. I hope you’re all out there soaking up the last bit of summer as best you can. Tony and I decided to stay a few extra days in Oregon because well… WE’RE OBSESSED. Perhaps I sense a move in our future? We’ll see!
While we’re out here hiking our hearts out, I’ve got a new recipe for you that’s perfect for end of summer days: ROASTED GARLIC FINGERLING POTATOES.
I don’t know about you, but fingerling potatoes could be my favorite kind of potatoes out there (besides sweet potatoes).
They’re adorably cute and let’s face it: creamy, buttery and delicious with just about any meal. I spent the entire summer grilling these and serving them with everything from salmon to chicken; I figured it was time to put the recipe on the blog, because sometimes the simplest recipes end up being the most loved.
You only need 3 ingredients to make this recipe
That’s right, you only need 3 ingredients for this roasted fingerling potato recipe: fingerling potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder. Oh and salt and pepper! I use garlic powder instead of minced garlic, as it is more prone to burning, plus garlic powder still gives them that nice garlicky pungent flavor we all know and love.
For this recipe, you can choose what kind of fingerling potatoes to use. If you can find the rainbow fingerling potatoes, I suggest giving those a try as each potato has a unique, distinctive flavor and texture. If you can’t find rainbow fingerlings, then stick with the original fingerlings!
There are two different methods for cooking fingerling potatoes — and I’ve included both for you to try out. Just depending on the season, roasted fingerling potatoes can be perfect for either grilling or roasting in the oven. You decide!
How to make roasted fingerling potatoes in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash and dry your potatoes and then place them in a large bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper, and add them to your baking sheet.
- Roast the fingerling potatoes in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. They’re done when they are fork tender.
How to make grilled fingerling potatoes:
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F. Wash your fingerling potatoes and pat them dry.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, then drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Make a foil pack with your potatoes by placing them onto a large piece of foil and then adding another large piece of foil on top. Seal the edges by folding a piece of foil together, and use a fork or knife to poke a hole at the top of the foil to allow some steam to escape.
- Place your foil pack over direct heat on the preheated grill and grill for approximately 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
What to serve with garlic fingerling potatoes
These roasted fingerling potatoes are perfect for dinner with a simple grilled chicken, chicken kabobs or salmon, or try enjoying them for breakfast or brunch with these yummy bacon egg cups or homemade turkey breakfast sausage patties.
If you’re feeling adventurous, here are some sauces I suggest for dipping or drizzling on top of the potatoes:
If you make these yummy roasted fingerling potatoes, I’d love to hear how you enjoyed them! Please be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe. You can also use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. xo!
Garlic Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes (gold or rainbow fingerlings are lovely!)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
For the grilling method: Preheat grill to 400 degrees Wash your potatoes, then pat them dry. Place potatoes in a large bowl, then drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Place potatoes onto a large piece of foil, then add another large piece of foil on top. Seal the edges by folding a piece of foil together. Use a fork or knife to poke a hole at the top of the foil to allow some steam to escape. Place over direct heat on the preheated grill and grill for approximately 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. This will vary depending on how large your fingerling potatoes are. Serve immediately.
To roast potatoes in the oven: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Generously grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.Wash your potatoes, then pat them dry. Place potatoes in a large bowl, then drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Add them to prepared baking sheet. Roast potatoes in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring potatoes halfway through. Potatoes are done when they are fork tender.
Feel free to jazz these garlic roasted fingerling potatoes up by adding any of the following before baking or grilling: 2-3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme).
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.