Sweet & savory paleo maple blueberry turkey sausage breakfast patties with delicious spices and juicy blueberries. Serve these incredible patties with fried eggs for the ultimate, low carb breakfast!
Old episodes of Felicity are playing as I write this post. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, then disregard, but if you love Felicity, I have to know — are you Team Ben or Team Noel?!
I still will forever love Ben.
These blueberry turkey sausage breakfast patties are just as dreamy as Ben.
I really wanted to make you a meal prep breakfast recipe that wasn’t made with eggs or oatmeal. Since I’m a huge fan of restaurant-style breakfast sausage, I decided to make you a delicious healthy version with juicy blueberries and a hint of sweet maple syrup.
These turkey sausage breakfast patties are made with lean ground turkey (or you can use chicken), a touch of maple syrup, fresh sage, thyme, ginger, cumin, allspice, cayenne and delicious, juicy blueberries. Simple ingredients FTW.
The best part about these sausage patties is not only that they’re delicious, but that you can cook them in less than 10 minutes in the skillet.
Personally, I love to serve them with a drizzle of maple syrup, fried eggs and my delicious crispy roasted breakfast potatoes. YUM.
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE TURKEY SAUSAGE PATTIES:
- Serves: 8 patties
- Serving size: 2 breakfast patties
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 22.2g
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey (do not use extra lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage (about 4 medium sage leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or olive oil (for cooking)
- Place all ingredients besides the blueberries and oil in a large bowl and use your hands to mix until well combined. Add in blueberries and gently incorporate them into the meat. Form into 8 even sized patties, about 1/3 inch thick. Make sure the blueberries are tucked into the meat or they may pop out upon cooking.
- Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to a nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Add turkey patties and cook for about 5 minutes then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- To prepare a plate, pair two breakfast patties with 2 fried eggs. Drizzle sausage patties with just a tiny bit of maple syrup and enjoy! Serves 4, 2 patties each.
PIN THESE BREAKFAST PATTIES: