Delicious crispy breakfast potatoes roasted to perfection in the oven. Heavily flavored with spices like turmeric, garlic and cumin. Wonderful served with eggs, avocado, sausage or bacon!
I always, ALWAYS eat my breakfast potatoes with ketchup. Or should I say I have ketchup with a side of breakfast potatoes? I can’t help that I love ketchup so much, I think I was born that way.
By the way, Trader Joe’s makes my favorite ketchup BY FAR. What’s your go-to brand?
Growing up, my mom always used to tell me I was ruining her potatoes whenever I doused them with ketchup. I told her it made them that much better.
It was pretty common for her to serve us breakfast potatoes on the weekends. In fact, I think my brother and I lived for them. They were heavily flavored and bright orange from all the delicious spices in there. My mom often made them with sazon spices and in a skillet, and to this day I still dream of their deliciousness. In fact, every time I see her I request her breakfast potatoes with over-medium eggs and creamy, ripe avocado and a side of my beloved ketchup.
These potatoes are my own version of mom’s classic breakfast potato recipes.
They’re drizzled with olive oil, then coated in garlic powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika and cayenne. Add a little salt and pepper, then roast them to crispy, delicious perfection in the oven!
I hope you get a chance to make these beautiful, crispy oven-roasted breakfast potatoes soon. You’re going to love them. Dip them in whatever sauce your heart desires. Obviously, I vote ketchup.
Other delicious breakfast recipes:
If you make these breakfast potatoes, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below! You can also upload a photo to Instagram and use the hashtag #AmbitiousKitchen. xo!
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 24.3g
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 2.7g
- For the potatoes:
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the spice mix:
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, then add the following spices: garlic powder, cumin, coriandr, paprika, ground turmeric, red cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Use clean hands to toss potatoes to coat the the potatoes in oil and spices. Add potatoes to the baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then use a metal spatula to toss potatoes, increase heat to 475 degrees F and cook potatoes for another 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown and slightly crisp to your liking.
- Serve with ketchup or hot sauce! Serves 6-8.
PIN THESE BREAKFAST POTATOES: