I bet you’re hungry. I mean, it’s been a week since I’ve given you a recipe!
I’m not back from vacation just yet so I’m going to keep this short and sweet; I have to enjoy my last day in the sunshine!
Before I go, we must discuss these granola bars. They’re simple, delicious, and full of good-for-you ingredients and healthy fats to keep you satisfied. Plus they are incredibly easy to make!
First we toast the coconut, oats, and almonds in the oven.
Then simply mix honey, almond butter, a little coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a saucepan to heat thoroughly. The wet ingredients are then added to the dry mixture and then tossed to combine. Easy!
Now I prefer to bake these, but you don’t necessarily have to. I’ve provided directions for both in the recipe! Depending on which you choose you may end up with a chewy bar, or a slightly crunchier bar. Either way, they are delicious!
I love the fact that these are naturally sweetened and full of flavor from the coconut and almonds. But dark chocolate on top? Yes, you really must!
It reminds me a little of a almond joy granola bar. I usually cut mine into mini bite size pieces to enjoy as a healthy treat between meals.
Alright I need to run! Enjoy these bars. I’ll be back with vacation pictures soon!
- 2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup almonds, sliced or coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey (agave, brown rice syrup or maple syrup, if vegan)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces quality dark chocolate, cut into small pieces (vegan, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, and coconut. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add honey, coconut oil, almond butter, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to a medium sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat until warm and coconut oil is melted. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well to combine and coat the oat/almond/coconut mixture. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press firmly down to pack bars tightly and ensure they stick together. The harder you press, the more they will stick together -- so press them in very firmly.
- You can also bake these if you like crunchy bars: Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm then remove from oven and keep at room temperature to cool. Don't bake longer or they will become very hard.
- No bake method: Place pan in fridge for 20 minutes or until firm. I love the no bake method!
- To make chocolate: melt chocolate in double boiler or in a medium heatproof bowl over simmering water. You can also microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Once melted and smooth in consistency, spread evenly over bars. Allow chocolate to cool and harden at room temperature, then cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container.
Powered by Facebook Comments