Imagine that you could find an absolutely delicious cookie full of flavor, protein, fiber and nutritious ingredients.
I’d like you to meet your new BFF: Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies.
Often when people hear the term ‘protein’ anything in a recipe they think of bodybuilders or professional athletes. Just because something has protein powder in it, doesn’t mean it’s meant for a certain type of diet. In fact, it’s actually the opposite; protein is meant for EVERY type of diet. Did you know that every single cell in our bodies contains protein? You need it in your diet to help your body repair cells and make new ones.
So let’s eat ALL the cookies. Mmmmkay?
Before creating these cookies, I thought long and hard about what goes into to a healthy balanced snack or treat. First, I wanted to make sure it was an absolutely delish. Second, I wanted it to include healthy fats, fiber and protein to help keep you full and satisfied.
The result? A tasty 110 calorie protein cookie with 2.5g fiber & nearly 5g protein.
What ingredients are in these protein cookies?
Almond butter provides healthy fats, fiber and protein to keep you full and satisfied. Almonds are a great for your skin because they provide an excellent source of vitamin B & E and botin. Eat ’em up.
Almond milk. I used almond milk in this recipe because it adds moisture to the cookies, but also keeps them dairy free.
Protein powder. DO NOT be afraid of using a little protein powder. I prefer vegan protein powders. Collagen peptides are also amazing!
Coconut flour. The most absorbent flour ever. I love how the coconut flour keeps the cookies soft and slightly sweet for days.
Alright, it’s time to go make these protein cookies. I’ve been snacking on them after my workouts and love how filling they are. xo!
More high protein snacks to try:
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup natural drippy almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (only if your almond butter isn't salted)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup protein powder of choice*
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, salt, egg, almondmilk and vanilla extract. Mix until ingredients are well combined. Next mix in protein powder, coconut flour and baking soda until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet. The dough will be slightly sticky. Slightly flatten the tops of the cookies. Bake for 9-11 minutes until slightly golden brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 12 cookies.
*For the protein powder: I tested these cookies with the following protein powders with good results: Vital Proteins collagen peptides, Vega Coconut Almond protein powder, Aloha vanilla protein powder and Bob's Red Mill Whey protein powder. I like using the vegan protein powders for more nutrition.
These cookies get softer as days pass. Store them in an airtight container or freeze them and thaw one out when you want to enjoy.
I would not recommend subbing any other flour for the coconut flour.
I have not tested these cookies to be vegan. Please let me know if you do!