There’s truly nothing better than pulling a fresh loaf of banana bread out of the oven, which is why I’m constantly testing out new unique, delicious recipes for you.
Did you know that I have over 10 healthy banana bread recipes on my site? Oh yes, you could say I’ve been on a kick for quite some time. You know these aren’t your regular old, plain banana bread recipes. I have everything from the best carrot cake banana bread and a chai-infused banana bread to one that seriously tastes like a chocolate brownie.
I have a number of gluten free banana bread recipes and even the best vegan one you’ll ever eat — so there’s truly something for everyone. Leave a comment and let me know which one is your fav!
My best tips for perfect banana bread
Regardless of the recipe you’re working with, I have a few tips and tricks that will ensure perfect banana bread every time:
- Follow the recipe. This one may be obvious, but I get hundreds of questions each day about ways to substitute different flours, wet ingredients, etc. The key to perfect banana bread is to use the recipe that was created, tested, and re-tested for you! I will always note substitution suggestions within the post and in the notes section of the recipe — both ones that I’ve tried and ones that I haven’t but think will work.
- Use overripe bananas. When I say overripe I mean OVER. Super ripe bananas with lots of brown spots are what help naturally sweeten banana bread and give it that true banana flavor!
- Don’t overmix the batter. This tip is mostly for using regular flours (not gluten free flours). Over-mixing the batter will create tough, dense banana bread. You only need to mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Try it the next day. Banana bread is always best the day after it’s baked, as the sugars release the bread gets sweeter!
Have fun with mix-ins
If you couldn’t already tell by scrolling through these banana breads, yes, I love to mix in chocolate chips. What’s better than warm melted chocolate in every bite? I think nothing. BUT chocolate chips aren’t the only thing you can mix in to make your banana bread extra special! Feel free to get creative by adding any of the following to your banana bread batter:
- Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans
- Blueberries or dried fruits
- Peanut butter chips (omg yes)
Don’t forget to top each slice with a little butter, honey and sea salt (my fav combo) or your fav nut butter. SO GOOD.
Best Ever Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Healthier Carrot Cake Banana Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Healthy Honey Flax Tahini Banana Bread
Nourishing Almond Flour Banana Bread
The Best Vegan Banana Bread You’ll Ever Eat
Paleo Zucchini Banana Bread Bars
Healthy Chai Banana Bread with Salted Cashew Butter Vanilla Glaze
Chickpea Flour Banana Bread (gluten free!)
Healthy Chocolate Brownie Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Banana Bread
Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Bread
Paleo Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Banana Bread
Healthy Marbled Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
If you make any of these banana bread recipes be sure to leave a comment and a rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it!
cant wait to make all soon for me for the best ever healthy banana bread can i use vegan butter and healthier carrot cake banana bread with cinnamon cream cheese frosting can i use vgean cream cheese i never hd banana bread before i love banana sooooooooooo much just bookmarked all of your banana bread recipes perfect for my after office snacks love your recipes as always brightens up my day everyday after work
Yay!! Excited for you to try these! Yes vegan butter + cream cheese will work 🙂
I love bananas so much. I often have it as a dessert after lunch. Now I know how to combine it as an ingredient for making bread.