It’s officially under 30 degrees here in Chicago and I’m starting to think that summer was only 5 minutes long. Anyone else? If you’re like me and are breaking out the hats, gloves and parkas, sending you all of the cozy vibes and of course my very best slow cooker recipes to make all season long.
There’s truly nothing better than coming home to a warming bowl of soup or chili on a cold day. OR melting some gooey cheese onto a healthier turkey sloppy joe (omg so good). The best part about these slow cooker recipes is that you can toss everything into your slow cooker and literally just let it work its magic.
Tips for making recipes in your slow cooker
The majority of the recipes below have instructions for making them in your slow cooker or crockpot, but if they don’t, I have a few easy tips for converting stovetop recipes into slow cooker meals!
- Timing. The vast majority of my slow cooker recipes can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8.
- Liquid ratio. As a general rule of thumb, if you’re converting a stovetop recipe to a slow cooker one I’d recommend reducing the liquid by about 1 cup. Cooking in a slow cooker creates more moisture and liquid naturally.
- Cooking chicken. If you’re cooking a recipe with chicken, feel free to cook the chicken breast or thighs in your slow cooker whole with the rest of the ingredients. Once it’s fully cooked you can remove it, shred it, and add it back to the slow cooker to simmer.
- Cooking ground meat or beef. If you’re cooking with beef or a ground meat, I’d recommend browning the meat in a skillet before transferring it with your ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Adding vegetables & pastas. Stir in any soft vegetables like peas or spinach at the very end of cooking. Same goes for any pasta or noodles (though you can also cook those separately).
Scroll through and pick out your favs to make for the week! I’d suggest my famous turkey chili to kick things off. Be sure to use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen when you share on Instagram, or post a photo in our Facebook group.
Stews & Curries
Apps, Snacks & Sides
I hope you love these delicious, healthy slow cooker recipes! If you make any be sure to leave a comment & a rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!