Truth be told I’ve never considered myself to be a cheesecake lovah. I’m more into pies, cookies, or basically anything else that’s sweet.
But when my friend Gina sent me her Skinnytaste Fast and Slow Cookbook a few months ago, I knew I wanted to share these easy, mini no bake cheesecakes with you. In Gina’s cookbook, she calls them shooters and serves them in adorable shot glasses.
Unfortunately for you, I don’t own any shot glasses so I had to find my own way of making this recipe a little fun and hella sexy. Not like the cheesecake you found on the Jello box back in 1999.
WHAT WAS THAT.
WELCOME to 2017 and the wide world of tahini brownie layered vanilla cheesecake parfaits. That’s right, I layered my crumbled brownies with a lighter no bake cheesecake. You can thank me after you munch them.
Gina killed it with the cheesecake. It’s perfectly light and just sweet enough (I reduced the sugar just a bit in the recipe and still loved it).
Anyway, all the recipes I’ve tried in Gina’s new cookbook have been nothing short of amazing; they’re approachable and everything can be made in the slow cooker OR in 30 minutes or less. A pretty wonderful concept for a cookbook, huh?
I’m sure most of you know that Gina’s website but make sure you also check out her book if you get a chance. You can buy it from Amazon HERE!
I hope you love these adorable cheesecakes. They’re perfect for parties or just an easy dessert with friends. ENJOY! xo.
Lightened Up Mini No Bake Cheesecakes
Easy no bake cheesecake layered with bites of grain-free brownies. Use any brownie you'd like, or just enjoy the cheesecakes on their own!
- Crumble the brownies by hand. Place 1 tablespoon of the crumbs in the bottom of each of 8 shot glasses.
- Place a medium metal bowl and the metal whisk attachments of a hand mixer in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the bowl and attachments from the freezer. Put the cream in the bowl.
- Using the hand mixer, beat at medium speed until the cream holds stiff peaks, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently whisk in the yogurt until incorporated, about 15 seconds.
In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the bowl. Using the hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Gently stir in the whipped cream until combined.
- Put the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip and pipe the mixture into 4 small glasses. Top each with a brownie crumbles. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe slightly adapted from Skinnytaste’s Fast and Slow Cookbook.