Do you ever want a sweet treat right before bed, but aren’t quite sure what you’re feeling? Well, I’ve got the perfect solution: this soothing, creamy chai ginger latte made with a blend of spices, ginger honey crystals and both coconut milk and almond milk to keep it dairy free and oh so creamy!
In fact, Tony took a sip of my latte and proclaimed, “This tastes like Christmas!”
That’s when you know it’s GOOD!
Let’s chat ginger
If you caught my last post about My Favorite Ways to Use Ginger you’ll know all about my love for adding ginger to tons of different recipes. When I was pregnant with Sidney I stocked up on Prince of Peace Ginger Chews & Honey Crystals to help soothe morning sickness and I’m glad I did — this second pregnancy threw me for a loop with even worse morning sickness. Raw ginger, ginger chews & the ginger crystals are great for:
- Reducing nausea — especially for morning sickness and motion sickness.
- Helping to naturally aid digestion
- Reducing muscle soreness — thanks to the anti-inflammatories
The Prince of Peace chews and crystals come in tons of different flavors (even peanut butter!) and are great for keeping in your bag and snacking on. You can find them at Target in the candy aisle, Rite Aide, Vitamin Shoppe or on their website here. I recently started using the Honey Ginger Crystals in cozy, hot drinks, which is where this yummy chai ginger latte came to be!
What’s in a chai latte?
Typical chai lattes are made with hot water, black tea and warm chai spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and of course, ginger. This delicious simply chai ginger latte has an extra punch of ginger, sweetness from coconut milk and the option to add espresso.
It’s the perfect soothing tea before bed!
Chai ginger latte ingredients
You’ll just need a few ingredients and some wonderful, cozy spices to make this super creamy ginger latte. Here’s everything you need to make it:
- Almond & coconut milk: I used a blend of creamy canned light coconut milk and almond milk to give the latte a natural sweetness and keep it dairy free.
- Vanilla extract: a bit of vanilla extract bring out the warm flavors.
- Spices: we’re using a blend of cinnamon, cardamom, ground ginger, ground cloves and a pinch of salt to give it that true chai latte flavor.
- Prince of Peace Honey Ginger Crystals: the star of the show = these delicious Ginger Honey Crystals from Prince of Peace Ginger! The crystals pack 14 grams of concentrated, raw ginger for all of those amazing tummy soothing properties with a natural sweetness from honey. So good!
- Optional: add two shots of espresso for that chai + coffee latte flavor and boost of caffeine.
How to make this ginger latte on the stovetop
The best part about this chai ginger latte? It’s easy to make right on your stovetop!
- First, add the coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, spices and Ginger Crystals to a small pot.
- Next, whisk all the goods together and bring them to a slight boil.
- Finally, reduce the heat to low and let the latte simmer for just a few minutes. Add the espresso if you’d like, pour into two mugs with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks and enjoy!
More cozy ginger recipes
Try out fresh and ground ginger in these sweet and savory recipes:
I hope you love this creamy chai ginger latte recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Creamy Chai Ginger Latte
The coziest, creamy chai ginger latte with light coconut milk, warming spices like cinnamon and cardamom, and made extra special with Prince of Peace Ginger Honey Crystals! This dairy free chai ginger latte is easy to make and delicious with a little espresso mixed right in. The perfect morning or afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves (or just a pinch of cloves)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 packet Prince of Peace Ginger Honey Crystals
- Optional: 2 shots espresso
In a small pot, add coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, salt, and Prince of Peace Ginger Honey Crystals. Whisk together and bring ingredients to a slight boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce the mixture a bit; stirring occasionally.
Pour into 2 small mugs, then sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon on top, or add a cinnamon stick. If you’d like, right before serving you can add a shot of espresso! Enjoy. Serves 2.
This recipe is sponsored by Prince of Peace Ginger. All text and opinions are my own.