How was your weekend, friends? It seems like Spring finally decided to come out over the weekend and I’m feeling extra joyful because of it.
On Saturday, Tony and I went consignment and resale store shopping. I spotted a mid century modern bookshelf for $60 and knew immediately I had to have it for my office! I’m trying to best to get organized, so having a bookshelf for photography props and books is a must. I opted to paint the bookshelf white and it turned out absolutely stunning. I’m very, very excited to show you my office makeover (hopefully soon!).
If you follow me on Snapchat, you probably saw that I baked this oatmeal over the weekend. You guys, it’s amazing; just slightly sweet, a little salty, hearty, nutty and nutritious.
Making this oatmeal is a breeze. Just combine the dry ingredients: oats, Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl.
Normally I don’t add salt to the recipe because the almonds are already roasted and salted! Plus, you’ll also be topping this oatmeal with sea salt. Just trust me, it’s like having a giant salted chocolate chip oatmeal cookie for breakfast. Yes, that’s right. A BIG COOKIE FOR BREAKFAST.
Next you’ll mix mashed banana, almond milk, an egg (or flax egg), coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract in another bowl. The addition of almond extract truly makes this oatmeal bake unique, almost giving it a sweet nutty sugar cookie flavor.
Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix away! Then pour into a greased skillet or baking dish.
Top with dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips). You’re making magic happen!
Bake, then top with a little sea salt, banana slices and a few more almonds. Annnnnnddddd if you’ve never put sea salt in your oatmeal, then this will be a game changer for you.
If you want to make this for a crowd, simply double the recipe. It’s a great addition to the brunch table and will please both the adults and kids!
If you’re making this for yourself, here’s how I do it: Once oatmeal has cooled, cut it into 6 slices or bars then pack them in individual containers. When ready to enjoy, warm it up with a little almond milk, then top with bananas & almonds. SO MUCH YUM.
Enjoy the oatmeal! If you make them be sure to leave a comment below to let me know how you liked them or tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation! xo!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 266.2
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large ripe banana)
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1.5 oz 70% dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped OR 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Extra chopped Blue Diamond almonds for sprinkling on top, banana slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch skillet or 9-inch baking dish with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, chopped almonds, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, add mashed banana, almond milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract. Mix together until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Pour into prepared baking dish or skillet and smooth top. Sprinkle chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks) over the top. Bake for 32-37 minutes or until the edges begin to turn a slight golden brown. For an extra special touch, add bananas, a sprinkle of sea salt and chopped almonds on top. Serve warm with almond milk. Serves 6.
To make vegan: Instead of an egg, use 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water).
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All recipes, text and opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support AK and the brands that help make this site possible!