You know when you get the feeling that you’re searching for something more, but you don’t know what it is yet? Perhaps it’s your life calling — a passion, a truth, a religion, just something to make you feel like this is truly who you are, shining in all your glory? Well, that’s me. Right at this moment. HELLO QUARTER LIFE CRISIS NUMBER 15.
Seriously, it might be number 15.
Don’t get me wrong, life is wonderful right now but I think I’ve been craving something different and new for a while. I’ve been working on a cookbook proposal FOREVER because let’s face it, I’m a perfectionist and I have a lot of shit going on (travel, blogging, writing, social media, the SSS, etc). While I could work myself to death to finish it, I’m taking my time and trying to find other things that are enjoyable for me outside of blogging.
The truth is, I HAVE NO IDEA what I like besides food, creating recipes and blogging about it. Is this too much for a Monday? If so, I’m gonna need another energy bite. Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to keep you posted on all this chatter going on in my head.
Let’s move onto these energy bites that taste like a fudgy decadent brownie! I’m so excited to be partnering with Blue Diamond Almonds on this post to create this nutritious, easy snack. If you’ve never had an energy bite, then please stop what you’re doing and go make these immediately. Especially if you love brownies.
Energy bites are one of my favorite on the go snacks because they’re so portable and healthy. These particular bites are made with a few simple ingredients: dates, Blue Diamond Roasted Almonds (for a little crunch), protein-rich almond butter, fiber packed flaxseed meal and cocoa powder.
I like using the lightly salted Blue Diamonds, but I’ve also made these with the Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds for an even sweeter snack.
One of these energy bites provides almost 5g of protein and just over 4g of fiber. They’re chewy, fudgy, rich-tasting and will satisfy both your sweet and salty cravings.
If you’re feeling like it, you can roll the energy bites in coconut flakes or cocoa powder for a energy bite ‘truffle’. The options are endless.
I know you all have been champs at filling out surveys for me lately and I want to thank you. It really does help AK grow, partner with brands and find out what you like/dislike.
The survey for this post has ended. Thank you from the bottom of my nutritious brownie-loving heart. xoxo!
- Serves: 12 energy bites
- Serving size: 1 energy bite
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Sugar: 13.8g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3.4g
- 1 heaping cup pitted large Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Roasted Salted (or Lightly Salted) Almonds
- 1/4 cup natural drippy almond butter
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3-4 tablespoons high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (if you like sweet and salty)
- Add pitted dates and almonds to the bowl of a food processor. Process for about 1 minute or until almonds and dates come together well. Almonds should be slightly chunky.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: almond butter, flaxseed meal, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt. Pulse until a dough forms. The dough texture should be thick and clumpy. If it isn't, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Roll into 12 medium sized balls. You can also use a medium cookie scoop if that's easier. Store the energy bites in the fridge or freezer.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, a brand I trust. All recipes, text and opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support AK and the brands that help make this site possible!