Deck of Cards Bodyweight Workout
An incredible deck of cards bodyweight workout that you can do anywhere! There’s no equipment required in this fun, challenging workout.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
* Warm up with a 10-20 minute run or dynamic stretching
Plank Jack + Tuck
- Start in a high plank position with shoulders stacked over elbows and wrists; core tight.
- Jump both feet out to the side at the same time, like a jumping jack, then jump them back together.
- Subsequently, jump both feet together up towards your chest. Then jump back to the high plank starting position.
- That is one rep, repeat for the number of reps listed
Walk Out to Rolling Plank
- Start, standing tall, feet shoulder-width distance apart.
- Hinge at the hips, performing a forward fold, so your hands meet the ground. Bending the knees if necessary.
- Then walk out into high plank.
- Once in high plank, transfer your weight to your right hand and rotate your torso opening up to the left, while raising your left arm overhead toward the ceiling as you roll into a side plank.
- Hold this side plank for a moment, return to high plank and repeat on the other side
- Then walk your hands back toward your feet and come up to a standing position where you started.
- That is one rep, repeat for the number of reps listed.
Flip Flops – Burpee + Turkish Rollup
- Start with feet a little bit wider than hip-width distance apart, weight in your heels, chest lifted.
- Lower down into the bottom of a squat, keeping the weight in your heels and chest lifted.
- While at the bottom of your squat, plant your hands on the ground in front of your and jump or step back to high plank.
- Then hop or step your feet up towards your hands, coming to the bottom of a low squat again. Drive through your heels, exploding up into a standing position as you squeeze your glutes and hamstring. Or explode up leaving the ground as you clap your hands overhead.
- Land softly and then bend the knees and, in a controlled motion, lower your butt all the way to the floor.
- Rolling onto your back, with your body in one straight line from head to toe; long legs and arms overhead.
- Use your body’s momentum, swinging your arms forward and pulling your knees toward your chest as you sit up, landing on your feet and standing straight up.
- Option to add an explosive jump straight up at the top of the movement.
- The burpee + Turkish roll up is one rep, repeat for the number of reps listed.
Tricep Push Up + Alternating Lunge
- Start in a high plank position, with your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Lower down into a tricep push up, squeezing your elbows at your sides while maintaining a straight line from head to toe.
- Push back up to the starting position and then step your right leg forward into a low lunge with your right knee stacked over your right ankle.
- Rise up into crescent lunge, arms overhead, biceps by ears, shoulders down and back.
- Lower your hands back to the ground and step back to high plank.
- Repeat the tricep push up and then alternate lunges on the right and left leg. Each tricep push up + low lunge is one rep. Repeat for the number of reps listed.
Disclaimer: Always consult your doctor before starting a new fitness regime. While Lee from Fit Foodie Finds and Monique from Ambitious Kitchen worked with a professional trainer to design the Summer Sweat Series exercise program, you are participating at your own risk. Please listen to your body and modify as needed.
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.