You are who you choose to be.
I know this to be true.
I’m the girl who gets up early Saturday mornings to bake and cook. I could spend an entire day doing it. There is no doubt that waking up every day to do something with food would make me happy. It’s becoming evident that it’s so much more than a hobby.
Which is why I am choosing to leave my current job.
Yeah, this just got serious.
Will you do me a favor? Take a deep breath for me. I swear I haven’t had one in a while. Afterall, I moved across the country for this job! I packed up my car and left everything I knew. I’m so thankful I did it. Through the experience, independence, and hard work, I’ve learned a lot about myself.
The decision to move my career forward towards a different path is nervewracking. Certainly the unknown can be a bit scary, but it’s also incredibly exciting! I’m trying to be patient. I keep remembering: you are who you choose to be. And I am choosing this. I’m so eager, so genuinely excited for these future opportunities. There are countless decisions to be made in the next coming months.
Have you heard that when life gets chaotic, the best solution is to eat pancakes for dinner? No? I’ll let you in on a little secret, no matter what the situation the answer is always breakfast. It brings me comfort. And right now it’s safe to say that I need a whole plate of it.
Pancakes made with raspberries and chocolate make me feel like freakin’ superwoman. I could eat these for days. The combination just can’t be beat. I made them gluten-free just for you. If you want to try them with regular flour, let me know how it turns out. I think it’s completely doable.
Put your heart and soul out there and take a deep breath. Jump into your day, get into your life!
But first, eat pancakes.
Gluten-free Double Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes
Fluffy, gluten-free double chocolate raspberry pancakes with fresh, juicy raspberries in every bite. Top this gorgeous stack with more fresh berries and a drizzle of pure maple syrup!
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup raspberries, slightly smashed or broken apart
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal/flour, gluten-free flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, water, and applesauce until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Next gently fold in raspberries and chocolate chips. If the batter seems overly thick, add a teaspoon of water and mix. Do this until the batter reaches desired consistency.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes.
- Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more melted butter and remaining batter.
Makes about 8 pancakes.
Top with fresh berries, peanut butter, maple syrup or my favorite... more chocolate!