Hi. I love you. I really do. I even had to make you a healthy banana bread to say so. Fresh blueberries, thick rolled oats, and a whole lot of soul went into making this bread.
Plain and simple, you people have made me incredibly happy! Ambitious Kitchen now has over 20,000 views thanks to you. And, just look at all these pins on Pinterest from my blog. Like, Holy crap! I’m totally blushing.
On a serious and more personal note, I’ve been keeping busy. Bobbing my head at work to Katy Perry and forcing people to eat my baked goods every Monday morning is the new normal. Well, for me anyway.
I also decided that I’ll be moving out of the house I’m currently living in. To where you ask? I’m not sure yet. That’s on my to-do list, along with getting a new car too. It’s just really unfortunate I haven’t won the lottery yet to make all these things happen. That’s where recipe contests come in handy! I’m going to start entering again, and cross my fingers that people like to eat really delicious things.
Right now, I’m even attempting to wrap my head around everything that I’m going to be cooking and baking this weekend so I go to the grocery store better prepared. I seriously love grocery shopping. It’s like a weird obsession. When I was in college, my best friend and I used to go at midnight just so we could enjoy the quiet and shop for hours. Strange? Yep.
Normal or not, I do make a good banana bread. Again, this is healthy and almost fat-free! I suggest making it on Sunday and grabbing two slices to go in the morning.
Oh, and if you’ve never had the blueberry and banana combination, prepare to be amazed!
Low-Fat Oatmeal Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside. In medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In separate medium bowl, mash bananas with fork. Add brown sugar and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Beat in egg whites and yogurt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together for a somewhat smooth consistency. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from Weight Watchers