I apologize for not blogging as frequent as usual. I was traveling, thinking, and making this bruschetta.
I really like to think. I go to the grocery store and I think about things I can make. Every day I’m thinking about what I want to accomplish. In the mornings, I think about how much I want to go to Starbucks drive thru. I’m thinking about how much I want cake right now… no surprise there! This week, I thought about how badly I needed to empty the dishwasher and do laundry. Still on my mind. Most days I daydream about what the future holds and where I’ll be in 10 years. I think I think too much.
Lately my thoughts have turned into actions. I’m making HUGE decisions. Decisions that will change my life! It’s exciting… it’s making me nervous… it’s OMG! We all have to start somewhere right?
Maybe we could all just begin with bruschetta and hang out a while. I like that idea.
Bruschetta is pretty special to me. Remember my Zucchini & Eggplant Bruschetta?
I just love cute little toasts with loads of delicious flavor.
Spring is around the corner and this is the perfect appetizer to bring to a BBQ. Cocktailing with bruschetta just seems fun.
Balsamic marinated strawberries, basil, and goat cheese on top of grilled toast… no worries, it’s think free!
Strawberry, Basil & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 baguette (french, sourdough, whole wheat), sliced about 3/4 inch thick
- Olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Drizzle each slice of bread with olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and place on baking sheet. Bake about 7-10 minutes or until bread begins to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir strawberries and vinegar together and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Spread each toast with about 1 tablespoon of goat cheese, sprinkle basil on top, and add balsamic strawberries. Serves 6-8.