Scrambled tofu with delicious spices gets piled high into corn tortillas and topped with avocado, cilantro and so much more! Easy to make ahead and reheat for an on the go breakfast.
So let’s talk about vegan food for a second. First, let me start off by saying that you don’t have to be vegan to enjoy plant based food. Just because it’s vegan, doesn’t mean that it’s not delicious. In fact, often it’s more nourishing and welcoming for your body. So, I welcome vegan foods with my whole heart. I love enjoying plant based veggies, fruits and switching up what I’m eating.
After all, the whole point of this blog is to be ambitious. In life. In the kitchen. In everything and anything. So today, I’m introducing you to a new breakfast food you need to try: Scrambled Tofu!
Don’t be frightened. Tofu can taste like anything you want with spices and herbs. And this tofu scramble really does taste like your favorite soft and fluffy scrambled eggs. The recipe is made with Nasoya Tofu’s extra firm tofu, which just so happens to be perfect for the scramble — it’s firm enough yet still fluffy to make the scramble similar in texture to the real deal.
If you’re new to tofu, this is a great introductory recipe to try, especially because it provides over 9g of plant based protein per serving and is incredibly easy to make.
How to meal prep it:
And guess what? The tofu scramble can be made ahead of time for easy meal prep. I love portioning them into individual containers and laying the corn tortillas on top. Once ready to eat, I heat up the scramble, place in corn tortillas and add my favorite toppings. Easy and inexpensive.
I hope you love these breakfast tacos! xo.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package super firm Nasoya Tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas (can also use small whole grain tortillas)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (can also sub 1 diced roma tomato)
- Optional: 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Optional: Hot sauce & cilantro, to garnish
- Add oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add diced red pepper and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Next crumble the tofu with your hands and add to the pan. Sprinkle in spices and salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Divide tofu scramble between tortillas, then top with avocado, tomatoes and goat cheese. Garnish with your favorite hot sauce and cilantro. Enjoy! Makes 8 tacos total. Serving size: 2 tacos per person.
This recipe is in partnership with Nasoya. All recipes, text and opinions are my own. Thanks for support AK and the brands that help make this site possible!