Breakfast. I love it. Absolutely from the bottom of my heart. Breakfast brings comfort, cozy mornings, coffee and if you’re lucky, pancakes.
From eggs and turkey bacon to pancakes or oatmeal; I’m always switching my breakfasts up. Whether you are training, trying to lose weight, making healthy meals for your kids or just eating clean, it’s always nice to have a resource to look to for healthy recipes that are both nutritious but also taste damn good. I’ve found ways to transform some of my favorite breakfasts into healthy recipes so that I know I’m giving my body good, wholesome nutrition.
I have a feeling that you guys might be breakfast lovers, too. So today I’m rounding up my absolute favorite healthy pancake recipes so that you’re able to have them at the tip of your fingers! Here are some of my favorite healthy pancake recipes that have appeared on my blog over the past few years:
- Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Banana Pancakes: This is one of my most popular pancake recipes because there is nearly 20g of protein in a serving thanks to the cottage cheese! A serving of these will keep you full until lunchtime and best of all they’re gluten free and the batter is made in your blender! I LOVE eating these for dinner and adding a few chocolate chips. They taste just like banana bread.
- Applesauce Oatmeal Pancakes with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup: These naturally sweetened pancakes are gluten free and made right in your blender. They’re super moist and a great breakfast for when you’re on the go!
- Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes: Oh my gosh you guys – these are one of my favorite pancakes! They were one of my first pancake recipes so the photos aren’t great but don’t let that fool you; these pancakes are phenomenal! You won’t taste the quinoa, just fluffy lemony love paired with sweet bursting blueberries.
- Fluffy Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes: Looking for a super fluffy, healthy pancake to serve the kids (or yourself)? Try these amazing greek yogurt pancakes. To get more nutrition in, try using white whole wheat flour and top them with extra greek yogurt, fruit preserves or your favorite nut butter.
- Whole Wheat Banana Quinoa Pancakes: Do you have some leftover cooked quinoa? Then make a batch of these hearty pancakes made with quinoa and greek yogurt for extra protein. Again, they taste similar to banana bread and are great for freezing and eating after a tough workout! Yum!
Of course, I love using other blogger’s recipes too and thought you might be interested in some other healthy pancake recipes from around the web! There are plenty of gluten free, paleo and even vegan options for you to try out!
- Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: Maria’s pancakes are wonderful for cozy fall mornings. If you love apple and cinnamon, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy these.
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes: Another favorite from the Minimalist Baker blog. If you are a pumpkin lover like me, then you’ll be in love with these.
- Peanut Butter Flaxseed Pancakes: Yes, another fabulous recipe from Minimalist Baker. I’ve made these pancakes myself and can attest to them being outrageously awesome. Try topping them with sliced bananas!
- Almond Flour Pancakes: Julia’s recipe is simple, but these gluten free, paleo pancakes will amaze you! I recommend adding some fresh fruit or drizzling them with honey.
- Light and Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes: Have coconut flour sitting in your cupboard just waiting to be used? Try out Carolyn’s Coconut Flour Pancakes. I’ve heard amazing things!