Did you guys see my Instagram stories this weekend? I FINALLY got around to creating my little patio garden. I picked up a few plants on Saturday afternoon after my workout then spent the rest of the afternoon planting gorgeous arrangements on my deck before a storm rolled through. Guys, I’m not kidding when I say I had such a great time.
I still want to plant a few herbs and possibly a tomato plant, but we’ll get there eventually.
Now that my patio is ready to go, I can’t wait to put up our umbrella on a hot summer date, read a good book, drink a glass of wine and relax. Speaking of relaxing, what are you guys doing over the 4th of July?
Just wondering, because I’m going to suggest you putting these All American Donuts on your menu ASAP.
These coconut flavored donuts are baked, and then topped with ONE vanilla glaze and TWO other easy berry glazes. They’re simple to make and come out beautifully.
Don’t you think?
I actually have ZERO 4th of July plans right now and looking forward to making some plans with my hunny and our families.
Hope you have the BEST week ahead. I’ve got lots of delicious recipes coming up, so be sure to stay tuned. xoxo.
Other donut recipes you might like:
Baked Coconut Donuts with Berry Glaze (The All American Donuts!)
- For the donuts:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- For the base glaze:
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese
- For the vanilla:
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- For the blackberry glaze:
- 3 blackberries, smashed and strained
- For the raspberry glaze:
- 3 raspberries, smashed and strained
- For topping on the white donuts:
- Optional: Coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, egg, sugar, almond milk, vanilla and coconut extract until smooth.
- Next add in whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in shredded coconut.
- Generously spray a donut pan with nonstick spray. Then use a piping bag or a measuring tablespoon to fill the donuts so that they are 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched and come out clean with a tester. Let cool for 5 minutes, then gently remove donuts and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once donuts have completely cooled, make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, almond milk and cream cheese into a small bowl; divide glaze between into 3 bowls. Add the vanilla bean to one bowl and mix. Add the strained blackberries into another bowl and mix. Add the strained raspberries to the last bowl and mix.
- Dip two donuts in each of the glaze, then transfer back to the wire rack. Sprinkle the vanilla glazed donut with coconut flakes, if desired.
- Makes 6 donuts. Double the recipe if you want to make a dozen.
Photography by: Sarah Fennel